Common Threads clothing store opens at SHS

Jonathan Valderrama, Staff Writer

Through the collaborative efforts and support from administration, the school board, professional and support staff,as well as friends from our local community, we are proud to announce the opening of “Common Threads.” This is the newest of our school-based vocational training opportunities for our young adults with disabilities at the Stroudsburg High School. “Common Threads” is a gently used clothing store housed in the lower level of Stroudsburg High School.

Common Threads is open to the public at designated times each month allowing our students to practice and learn job skills in an authentic retail environment with support from staff. Our ultimate goal is that our young adults will learn the necessary skills that will allow them to obtain and maintain integrated competitive employment within our local community. Proceeds from sales of our gently used clothing goes toward vocational training opportunities and programs for our students with disabilities.

We are always accepting clothing donations (infant to adult Ai??sizes, shoes and accessories). Donations can be dropped off at any of our Stroudsburg schools. Just label the bag Ai??ai???Common Threadsai???. Please help us spread the word and tell your family and friends about us! That’s right, we have a real store in our high school!