Common Threads, SHS’s clothing store, opens to the public Friday, April 7!

Saheim Clervoix, Staff Writer

Through the collaborative efforts and support from administration, the school board, professional and support staff, as well as friends from our local community, we are proud to announce the grand opening of “Common Threads.”

This is the newest addition to our school-based vocational training opportunities for our young adults with disabilities at Stroudsburg High School. “Common Threads” is a clothing store selling gently used men’s, women’s and children’s clothes. It is housed in the lower level of Stroudsburg High School. That’s right, we have a real store in our high school! It will be open to the public, at designated times each month, allowing our students to practice and learn job skills in a real retail environment with supports from staff.

Our ultimate goal is that our young adults will learn the necessary skills that will allow them to obtain and maintain integrated competitive employment within our local community.

Common Threads opens Friday, April 7 in the lower level of the high school! Common Threads’ hours are every Friday Ai??from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The store also opens up on every 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m!

We accept donations on a daily basis. Ai??We accept all sizes of clothing from infant to adult. Ai??We also accepting gently used accessories…purses, scarves, hats, jewelry, belts.Ai?? We will also take gently used stuffed animals. Ai??All donations can be dropped off with Ms. Sherri McIntyre in the SHS guidance office.

Below is a little sneak peek at Common Threads and what is has to offer!