Student Spotlight on Lexi Anderson

Alexander Canongo, Staff Writer

What motivates you to come to school?

The fact that some people don’t have the access to an education. Even if I don’t like waking up early, I remember that not everyone is as fortunate.

Who do you consider your biggest role model, and why?

My biggest role models are my parents. They both aren’t strict, and I feel like I can tell them anything. They allowed my siblings and me to grow up in a loving environment.

What is something that most people may not know about you?

I recently learned the piano. I taught myself over quarantine through YouTube and learned how to play “Lovely” by Billie Eilish ft. Khalid.

What is the greatest experience you have ever had?

The greatest experience I’ve ever had is watching my nephew grow up. I don’t have younger siblings, so watching him has taught me what it’s like to be a big sister. 

What qualities do you value in people who you spend time with?

Honesty and trust. I just appreciate when people can be honest and keep their word.   

What’s something people don’t worry about but really should? 

Something most people don’t worry about but really should is the way they react to bad news. I think it’s important to know how to keep your composure.

Which countries/places would you like to travel to?

I would love to go to Madrid, Spain. My mom grew up in Madrid and constantly tells me her best memories were made there. 

What’s the funniest word in the English language?

Phalanges.

What profession doesn’t get enough credit or respect?

I find that nurses don’t get enough credit, especially in times like now. I can’t imagine all the exhausting hours they spend on their feet and the little praise they get.

What is your favorite thing about yourself?

My favorite thing about myself is I accept the way things are, and find peace in the decisions I make. I don’t really get upset about things I can’t control.