Senior Class prepares for final days and prom

Processed with VSCO with hb2 preset

Brooke Givens, Story Writer

As one class leaves, another steps in, hoping that the mark they leave behind is one to remember. SHS’s Class of 2018 has made it to the final stretch and as the fourth marking period makes its way around, the symptoms of Senioritis kick in.  

“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed,” said senior class adviser Ms. Janet Robison. 

Seniors all over the country have gone through SAT’s, placement tests, college application processes, and the stress of what their future will consists of. The month of May has finally arrived and most, if not all, seniors have made their college decisions and began preparing for their new lives beyond high school walls.

Stroudsburg has a reputation for many graduates staying very close to home and attending universities such as East Stroudsburg University, or Northampton Community College. Many others branch out and attend universities such as Pennsylvania State University, University of Pittsburgh, Temple University, Lehigh University, Bloomsburg University, and Kutztown University. Some students have even moved on to ivy league schools such as Yale University.

Apart from college, the senior class has raised substantial amounts of money over their four years. The majority of the money they’ve raised is put towards their prom, while the smaller portion is spent on senior breakfast, fireworks at graduation, and Blue Ridge Cable television for graduation night. 

This year, prom will be held at The Palace Center in Allentown, PA. A total of 370 tickets were sold this year, at $85 a ticket.

“There’s so much excitement between the students, the officers, and the advisers, for this special planned night.” said class president Walter Price.