SADD reaches out to help all students

Offering assistance and a club for all who are suffering from real-world problems.

Back to Article
Back to Article

SADD reaches out to help all students

wctv.tv

wctv.tv

wctv.tv

Gabriel Howard, Staff Writer

SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) at Stroudsburg High School provides a community of support, help, and resources to prevent students from making destructive decisions.

“‘Destructive decisions encompass a wide variety of behaviors, but the main issues are drinking, drugs, and anything that can really harm you,” said SADD ambassador Conor Picket, a junior.

SADD provides a comfortable environment for students to talk about about real-world problems. Countless students come together at SADD meetings to discuss the latest issues affecting teens and how to solve them. In addition, SADD is a club where students engage in fund and creative activities with each other, such as cutting out paper leaves and writing positive messages on them.

“SADD is a place where students can come together and discuss about the problems they deal with on a daily basis,” said president Joanna Chen, a senior. “Often times, people deal with isolation and stress from classes. It’s a place where people can come together and relate to one another.”

The organization meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month. Interested members must contribute $10 for membership fees. SADD is looking to host a Wendy’s fundraiser on a preferred date of December 13 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. The back-up date is December 20.

“We are a pathway for our peers and the younger generations to make better decisions,” said vice president Sergio Butron, a senior.

For any additional information, contact Joanna Chen at [email protected]