SADD reaches out to help all students

Offering assistance and a club for all who are suffering from real-world problems.

Gabriel Howard, Staff Writer

SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) at Stroudsburg High School provides a community of support, help, and resources to prevent students from making destructive decisions.

“‘Destructive decisions encompass a wide variety of behaviors, but the main issues are drinking, drugs, and anything that can really harm you,” said SADD ambassador Conor Picket, a junior.

SADD provides a comfortable environment for students to talk about about real-world problems. Countless students come together at SADD meetings to discuss the latest issues affecting teens and how to solve them. In addition, SADD is a club where students engage in fund and creative activities with each other, such as cutting out paper leaves and writing positive messages on them.

“SADD is a place where students can come together and discuss about the problems they deal with on a daily basis,” said president Joanna Chen, a senior. “Often times, people deal with isolation and stress from classes. It’s a place where people can come together and relate to one another.”

The organization meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month. Interested members must contribute $10 for membership fees. SADD is looking to host a Wendy’s fundraiser on a preferred date of December 13 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. The back-up date is December 20.

“We are a pathway for our peers and the younger generations to make better decisions,” said vice president Sergio Butron, a senior.

For any additional information, contact Joanna Chen at [email protected].