Student Spotlight on Noah Cook
What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?
- I eat all of my food separately so I don’t really have any weird food combos.
What social stigma does society need to overcome?
- I would say that society needs to overcome the idea that people with mental and physical disabilities are weird. They shouldn’t be outcasts and they deserve to be treated just like everyone else does.
What is the best place you have ever visited?
- Disney World because it was one of my best vacations in paradise. I enjoyed the warm waters of the beach along with clear skies. My favorite part has to be Epcot and the giant ball.
Who is your favorite person, or someone that you look up to?
- Ms. Rogers is one of my favorite people because she has always looked out for me, my health, and she teaches others every day to do the same.
What are your future goals (Career, college..)?
- I plan to go into the Army straight out of high school for a minimum of four years. After that, I want to go to college to pursue a degree in law or business. Depending on what degree I’ll have, I will move on from there.
Which charity or organization do you think is most deserving of money and why?
- I believe that Aevidum is most deserving of money because it would give people the ability to take trips to different schools all over the country. It would allow them to spread awareness about depression and let others know that it is not a fight that is fought alone.
What are your hobbies outside of school?
- I have a large musical background. I’m in show choir, chorale, and the school musical, Mama Mia. I am also starting track this year and I workout in my spare time.
What movie could you watch several times without getting tired of it?
- Any classic Disney movie. My absolute favorites would be Fantasia and Fantasia 2000.
What is one of your favorite memories?
- I attended a music camp over the summer called Pocono Performing Arts and it was one of the best experiences. I got to work with professional dance and vocal coaches, and I made so many great friends in only two weeks!
What is your favorite book and why?
- My favorite book is We All Looked Up, because it’s about five teenagers whose lives are very different from each other and towards the end, all of their stories mesh into one and I find that cool!
What was your favorite show growing up?
- I didn’t watch a whole lot of TV growing up, but, if I had to pick, I’d pick Spongebob Squarepants.
What is your life motto?
- My motto is to live life to the fullest every day. Try not to worry about what happened yesterday or what’s happening tomorrow. Live in the now, worry about what you are doing now, and everything will be fine.