Student Spotlight on Emily Rafikia
What is one word that describes you?
- One word that describes me is ambitious. I am always pushing myself to do that best I can whether it’s school or sports.
What are your plans after graduation?
- After graduation, I plan to go to college. I’m not sure what school yet, but so far UPenn and NYU interest me. I probably want to major in finance or business.
What do you like about SHS?
- SHS provides a lot of opportunities in clubs and sports. Also there’s a lot of fun things we do that other schools don’t and that’s what makes SHS unique. The football especially is always a great time with a lot of energy.
Who is one of your favorite teachers? Why?
- My favorite teacher is Ms. Malavolta. She’s my Spanish teacher and always puts me in a good mood. Even though I have her second period, she manages to be positive and full of energy.
Do you have any goals for this year?
- My goals for this year is to throw farther in javelin and compete at track meets. I also want to get better at tennis for upcoming fall season.
What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
- My favorite childhood memory is definitely going up to my friend Brianna’s lake house every summer. We have unforgettable memories there and everyone always has a good time. Especially when I finally got my boating license and was able to drive jet skis on the lake.
What is something you think students should be more concerned about?
- I think students should be more concerned about their mental health. Mental health in high schools is a huge topic right now all over the country. Many students struggle with different disorders and don’t even know. It affects their school work as well and doesn’t allow them to do the best they can.
Lastly, What is your favorite TV show?
- My favorite TV show is The Office. It’s hilarious and always boosts my mood. I can watch it over and over again and never get tired of it.