Student Spotlight on Ally Puskar

Alanna Christman, Editor-in-Chief

1. Who do you consider your biggest role model, and why?

I consider Jesus to be my biggest role model because he’s literally fearless and has the strength to do anything, which I really admire.

2. What is something you have learned in your childhood that has stuck with you?

A lot of bad things happen so you just have to fight through it, be strong, and remember how strong you are no matter what you go through.

3. What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?

Definitely Baby Driver. I love the intensity of it and how Baby needs music to practically live and breathe. Music is his anchor in his life, it’s what makes him drive fearlessly.

4. What is your favorite thing about yourself?

I absolutely love my freckles because I think they add character to my face. My fourth grade teacher told me once, “A face without freckles is like a night without stars.”

5. What profession doesn’t get enough credit or respect?

Definitely anyone involved in the military does not get enough respect. They should be paid a lot more because they are risking their own lives to protect everyone.

6. What are you plans after graduation?

After graduation, I plan to attend either Penn State or IUP to major in interior design.

7. What is your life motto?

I made the life motto, “keep it spicy” because it is a reminder that we are not here for long, so we might as well live the best life we can and keep the energy at its highest point.

8. What is something that most people may not know about you?

I have seven siblings but they don’t all live with me. Three of them live in Pittsburgh with my Dad, and the rest of them live with me.

9. What is the greatest experience you’ve ever had?

Hands down the best experience I’ve ever had is every year at my summer camp: Three Springs Ministries. It’s so amazing cuz there’s horse-back riding, rock wall climbing, hiking, etc.

10. When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to write stories about?

I think they’ll ask me to tell stories about my twin and I and if we’ve ever switched classes or what the craziest thing we’ve ever done was. The craziest thing would probably be going to Twinfest in Ohio, where there were over 2,500 sets of twins from all over the world.