Student Spotlight on Kaeli Miller

Tyler Stone, Staff Writer

Who are your favorite teachers and why?
My favorite teachers are Ms. Davis, Mr. Hakim, and Ms.Ramstine. They all have taken the time to get to know me personally, and it makes me feel so much more comfortable with them. I learn best from teachers that I can connect and have a relationship with.
What are your plans after graduation?
After graduation, I plan on going to a university to study public relations. I was put onto the Public Relations Committee for Mini-THON last year, and ever since I’ve fallen in love with anything related to communications, marketing, and public relations. My dream would be to go to San Diego State University, but I’ve also considered going somewhere in the Carolinas or Virginia. I do not plan on staying local.
Who do you consider your biggest role model and why?
Although this will probably sound cheesy, my biggest role model is Ms. Davis. She is the epitome of a great human being, and if I could be half the person she is when I’m older I’ll be happy. Not one day has gone by where she hasn’t put a smile on my face, and if I ever need anything or anyone to talk to I know she’s the first person I could talk to.
What is the greatest experience you’ve ever had?
I’ve been blessed with so many great experiences in my life, but I think the best one so far has been the trip I took to Costa Rica with Spanish classes this summer. It was so special to me because I was able to bring my dad’s ashes with me and spread them anywhere I thought he would’ve loved. My dad was a nature lover and I definitely got that from him, so this trip was just absolutely perfect. We ziplined over the rainforest, went whitewater rafting, saw volcanos, waterfalls, monkeys… the whole thing was amazing.
What is something that you have learned in your childhood that has stuck with you?
I haven’t had the easiest childhood, but I’m grateful for it because it taught me to be independent and that I’m capable of anything I put my mind to.
What qualities do you value in people who you spend time with?
They have to be just overall good, kind people. All my friends also have great senses of humor and are fun to be around.
What is your greatest weakness? 
I am a very stubborn person. I have my opinions and you can’t change them. It’s awful but I really just can’t help it.
Which charity is most deserving of money?
I may be biased, but…. Mini-THON!!!! I wouldn’t say “most” deserving because there are so many amazing causes out there, but I would say the work we do is just so amazing. Getting to hear from the Four Diamonds children’s families and see where all the funds go just makes everything feel so worth it. There’s nothing I’m more proud of! FTK!
Which countries/places would you like to travel to?
Any vacation I’ve ever been on has been tropical, so I would love to go somewhere like Amsterdam or England. I also must see the Northern Lights in my lifetime.
What is your life motto?
Everything happens for a reason! I have a poster on my mirror that says, “God will give you what you need, and take what you don’t.” I look at it every single morning as a reminder.