Aevidum holds Teddy Bear drive and promotes kindness

February is “Random Acts of Kindness” month

Alanna Christman, Editor-in-Chief

For the month of February, Aevidum would like to inform students that it is “Random Acts of Kindness” Month. What this means is that at least once each day of the month, students can be motivated to carry out a random act of kindness for anyone: parent, stranger, friend, teacher, or otherwise. Listen to the daily announcements from Aevidum during R.A.K. (Random Acts of Kindness) week, 2/18-2/21.

Another Aevidum event is a Teddy Bear drive through the end of February. Students and staff can help out by bringing new or gently loved teddy bears or stuffed animals to school with them.

Beginning Tuesday 2/11, there will be a box located outside of the main lobby and classrooms F206 and F208 where students can drop them off. At the end of the month Aevidum will be delivering them to local first responders and hospitals for children who are in need of them. Just another small act of kindness that can have a huge impact.  Kindness counts!

Science shows that kindness is one of the only things that doubles when it’s shared. A small act of kindness can create a ripple effect, impacting everyone it touches!

For more information, visit the following:

www.randomactsofkindness.org 

For any inspiration of what random acts of kindness to do each day, here’s a link to a calendar full of ideas:

https://assets.randomactsofkindness.org/calendars/neighborhood/2020/202002_kindness_calendar.pdf