Student Spotlight on Annalise LaBar

Alexander Canongo, Staff Writer

What activities or hobbies do you enjoy outside of school? 

I like playing instruments like the violin, guitar, ukulele, and piano. I also like hikes and in the summer going kayaking with my family.

What are your plans after graduation?

After graduation, I plan on attending East Stroudsburg University for my 4 years and then other schooling to eventually go into the medical field. If not, I’ve always thought about being an elementary school teacher.

What is something that you have learned in your childhood that has stuck with you?

Always treat people with kindness because you never truly know what happens in other people’s lives.

What qualities do you value in people who you spend time with?

People who can just have a good time with me and share the same morals. I love being around people who just bring out the good in myself and genuinely care.

What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?

I have so many favorites, but 10 Things I Hate About You or Superbad would have to be the top 2 at the moment.

What social stigma does society need to get over?

A perfect body or life image. There is no such thing as a perfect human and it’s super easy to portray that online.

What’s something people don’t worry about but really should?

There are still not enough people worrying about climate change and how we are making the environment worse with every second that goes by. With the internet, there’s a ton of super easy ways to educate yourself on the topic and how you can help. Also, the fact that One Direction has been on hiatus for 6 years.

How do you judge a person?

I judge people by the way they treat others around them. Bringing another person down for your humor and entertainment says a lot about who you are as a person.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Telekinesis, I’d never have to get up again.

Which countries/places would you like to travel to?

I would love to go to Portfolio, Italy. I just know I’d love it there.