SHS clothing store re-opens, sets hours

Common Threads offers gently used clothes at a great price

Common Threads student modeling Halloween mask.

Zyaire Coles, Staff Writer

Common Threads, SHS’s gently used clothing store, has re-opened and updated its hours. See details at the bottom of this story.

The two educators who oversee Common Threads are Ms. Heather Nowosad and Ms. Sherri McIntyre.

Common Threads is one of the four vocational training rotations at the high school. Vocational Training is part of our Life Skills Transition Program. Our goal is to teach students in our Special Education Program work ready traits that align with their post school outcomes which includes obtaining competitive integrated employment.

Common Threads is located in the basement of Stroudsburg High School, and it is open to the public. It is a part of a program called the Life Skills Transition Program. This program teaches students basic life and working skills for the future.

The store offers clothes for both genders and for people of all ages. Practically every item is sold for $1. This clothing store also sells accessories like belts , ties, and hats. There is also a section for SHS school-approved clothing.

Students working at the store get to learn valuable life skills – especially retail skills that will benefit them in the workforce after they graduate from high school. 

Shoppers can save a lot of money, while helping support special needs programs.

Here are the store hours for Common Threads and the contact information for McIntyre and Nowosad.

Store Hours: Every Friday 9-1, 2:30-4:30 and The 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month (excluding holidays and breaks from school).

Mrs. Sherri McIntyre

Educational Consultant

Special Education Dept.

[email protected]

570-421-1991 ext 47105

Mrs. Heather Nowosad

Transition Coordinator

Special Education Dept.

[email protected]

570-421-1991 ext 43103