SADD focused on helping students make healthy decisions

Eli Badillo, Staff Writer

This school year, SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) is aiming to help out by creating a positive environment that allows students to thrive!

This revolutionary club was formed in 1981 in response to the increased rates of drunk driving and related accidents. SADD has expanded its message to include helping students avoid making harmful decisions; instead, the club’s purpose is to promote safe and smart decision-making.

Adviser Ms. Melissa Koehler and members of the SADD team already participated in this year’s ¨Fall into Diversity¨ event on September 30. The event’s purpose was to preach its ageless message of safety and combating the epidemics of drunk driving, cyberbullying, unsafe sex, and other issues plaguing today’s youth. 

¨Last year in autumn, our club decided to cut out leaves with messages regarding safety,” said junior Brianna Anunciacao. “I feel like that is a good example of many of the things we do to spread awareness and good vibes at the same time throughout the school.¨

SADD meets every Monday after school in Ms. Koehler’s room, D-109, for about 30 minutes. They are currently looking for new members, and with their help, they can strive for even more ambitious and grander projects.

If you are interested in joining SADD this year, email Ms. Koehler at [email protected] to get the classroom code.