Student Spotlight on Giselle Twardowski

Brianna Anunciacao, Staff Writer

What activities or hobbies do you enjoy outside of school? 

An activity I enjoy doing outside of school is working out. I love soccer and track, which are my main sports. I love to be social and hang out with friends and just get myself out there.

What are your plans after graduation?  

After I graduate high school, I want to join the military. I have hopes to go to a college (preferably Penn State) for their Reserves Officer Training Program and come out as an officer for the Army, and hopefully serve active duty. If for some reason that doesn’t work out for me, then I hope to become a military psychologist and help people dealing with struggles from their time serving in the military.

When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell stories about? 

When I am older I feel like my children are going to ask a lot about Covid-19. The pandemic changed a lot in the world and I feel like children would find it interesting to hear about the world before and after Covid-19. Hopefully, by then, we won’t have another Covid situation and it will be something to leave in the past and tell stories about the struggles and how we got through it.

Which countries/places would you like to visit? 

If I could visit anywhere at the moment I would want to go to Portugal. I would love to see where my family came from and see my great-grandmother’s house. I want to see how life was for my ancestors and see how they used to live and the beautiful amenities they have. I would love to go to Nazare Beach and see the 100 foot waves they have and really just make the most of the beautiful country my family came from.

What was your favorite class at SHS? 

My favorite class in Stroudsburg High School had to be Global Issues with Ms. Haubrich. I find it very interesting learning about the issues people are dealing with around the world and not just in the U.S. because we hear about that in our normal history classes. Not only was that fun, but also the fact that I had a lot of my friends in that class and Ms. Haubrich was the teacher which made it 10x better.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

If I could have a superpower, I would want to be able to read people’s minds. Some people don’t always say what they think or how they feel, so being able to see it without anyone having to say it directly would be so cool.

What is your goal for this year? 

My goal for this year is to keep my grades up and do lots of activities and help out for the school.

What is your life motto? 

Everything happens for a reason.