Poll

Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Poetry Out Loud Contest gives out a prize of $20,000 to the winner! (Logo credit: Poetry Out Loud)
Poetry Out Loud Contest
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 16, 2023

Check out Poetry Out Loud, see Ms. Griswold, room C125 to get more information.

Continue Reading
Denzel Key, 12, at the free throw line during Stroudsburgs 58-41 win over Dieruff on December 22nd, 2023. 
Photo taken by Danielle Ramstine.
Stroudsburg one win away from State Tournament
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024

Stroudsburg fell to Parkland High School, 50-38, in the District 11 semifinals Wednesday night at William Allen High School in Allentown, PA. Micaiah 'Meeks' Brown, 12,...

Continue Reading
Anna Kirby poses for a picture after beating her second record of the season.
Anna Kirby breaks a second school record for the season
Georgie English, Staff writer • February 27, 2024

Then, just last week, Kirby broke another record at The Last Chance swim meet on Saturday, Feb. 17, "Kirby break school record".  Kirby set the record for...

Continue Reading
Jacob Bajek, 11, takes on competitors at EPC competition on February 8th, 2024.
Chess team rallies at 2024 EPC Competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

The Stroudsburg chess team sent its varsity roster to the Chess Eastern Pennslyvania Conference (EPC) competition on Thursday, Feb. 8. The team's varsity roster consists of...

Continue Reading
View All

Join the adventure of Snowmen of Stroudsburg this winter!

Looking for a way to explore Stroudsburg this winter? Discover the Snowmen of Stroudsburg
Gian Leoj Dela Cruz
“Vincent Van Snow” an excellent snowman by AP Art and Art 4.

This year, from Nov. 24 to Feb. 24, the town displays the Snowmen of Stroudsburg. This annual project has been running for the past six years and is hosted by the non-profit organization GO Collaborative. 

GO Collaborative is an organization that tries to benefit the community of Stroudsburg.

According to GO Collaborative, “We are an ‘organic start-up’ of professionals with outstanding credentials in independent fields that have formed a ‘think tank’ for the good of Stroudsburg, and its residents, primarily working with the business and art sectors.” 

Several local artists spent months making their unique snowmen, resulting in a total of 48 figures to search for around town. The snowmen have taken over Main Street Stroudsburg and some additional surrounding streets.

These snowmen portray a variety of creativity from our community.

Our Stroudsburg High School created one of these snowmen, Vincent Van Snow. Designed by Mariam Angarita-Rojas, the snowman consists of paintings by Vincent Van Gogh, such as “The Starry Night” and “Sunflowers”. 

Art 4 and AP Art helped in painting Vincent Van Snow. The painters included seniors Mariam Angarita-Rojas, Sofia Angarita-Rojas, Eli Badillo, Iro Bonellis, Owen Christian, Dennis Delatorre, Jia Fang, Kaitlyn Felty, Danica Flores, Remy McNeill, and Charles Petrizzo.

“It was very hard and time-consuming. We had about a month and a half to work on it along with our other projects but we all contributed greatly to make an amazing snowman,”  says Danica Flores, 12.

The Snowmen of Stroudsburg aren’t just something pretty to look at – they’re also an entertaining way to explore the town. A multitude of small businesses are supporting this project. 

“I think our snowman is adorable and I’m proud of my classmates for putting it together,”  says Zoe-Marie Brown, 12. 

“It’s huge for small businesses because it brings in foot traffic and tourism. It excites people for winter when sometimes the outside can seem dreary and dull.”, says Reilly Glynn, a barista at 7th Street Coffee. 

GO Collaborative is having small businesses hand out snowmen trading cards. Each card has a picture of the snowman, its name, and the artist on it. You can find these trading cards being passed out at the following locations – Pocono Soap, Earthlight Natural Foods, Fitzpatricks Irish Shop, Sonia’s Sweet Inspirations, and Grandpa Joe’s Candy. 

Snowmen of Stroudsburg is one of the many treasures of our town. Next time you find yourself on Main Street or neighboring streets, make sure to stop and take a look. If not, check out the photo gallery attached below! 

Helpful Links 

Snowmen map: gocollaborativestbg.com

Maps of snowmen are available at these locations: gocollaborativestbg.com

Trading Card Locations: gocollaborativestbg.com

Vote for your favorite snowmen: form.123formbuilder.com