Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading

Photo Credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Boys' track team sweeps the competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

The Stroudsburg boys' track team defeated William Allen and Pocono Mountain West during a dual meet on Monday, 4/22. William Allen lost 4 to Stroudsburg's 146 and PMW lost...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg softball celebrates on field during game.
Softball continues to roll in victory

On Wed, April 24, Stroudsburg defeated East Stroudsburg South, 5-3. The team continues to roll as with 8 games left in the season, they are 8-4. Jordan Cook, 9, went...

Continue Reading
SHS Girls track wins at a dual meet, April 22, 2024 against William Allen and Pocono Mountain West. 
Photo image by Amir Lovell, 10.
Girls' Track continues to reign
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Monday, April 22, the SHS track team competed in a dual meet against William Allen and Pocono Mountain West. William Allen lost to SHS girls with a final score of 4...

Continue Reading
View All

Join the adventure of Snowmen of Stroudsburg this winter!

Looking for a way to explore Stroudsburg this winter? Discover the Snowmen of Stroudsburg
Gian Leoj Dela Cruz
“Vincent Van Snow” an excellent snowman by AP Art and Art 4.

This year, from Nov. 24 to Feb. 24, the town displays the Snowmen of Stroudsburg. This annual project has been running for the past six years and is hosted by the non-profit organization GO Collaborative. 

GO Collaborative is an organization that tries to benefit the community of Stroudsburg.

According to GO Collaborative, “We are an ‘organic start-up’ of professionals with outstanding credentials in independent fields that have formed a ‘think tank’ for the good of Stroudsburg, and its residents, primarily working with the business and art sectors.” 

Several local artists spent months making their unique snowmen, resulting in a total of 48 figures to search for around town. The snowmen have taken over Main Street Stroudsburg and some additional surrounding streets.

These snowmen portray a variety of creativity from our community.

Our Stroudsburg High School created one of these snowmen, Vincent Van Snow. Designed by Mariam Angarita-Rojas, the snowman consists of paintings by Vincent Van Gogh, such as “The Starry Night” and “Sunflowers”. 

Art 4 and AP Art helped in painting Vincent Van Snow. The painters included seniors Mariam Angarita-Rojas, Sofia Angarita-Rojas, Eli Badillo, Iro Bonellis, Owen Christian, Dennis Delatorre, Jia Fang, Kaitlyn Felty, Danica Flores, Remy McNeill, and Charles Petrizzo.

“It was very hard and time-consuming. We had about a month and a half to work on it along with our other projects but we all contributed greatly to make an amazing snowman,”  says Danica Flores, 12.

The Snowmen of Stroudsburg aren’t just something pretty to look at – they’re also an entertaining way to explore the town. A multitude of small businesses are supporting this project. 

“I think our snowman is adorable and I’m proud of my classmates for putting it together,”  says Zoe-Marie Brown, 12. 

“It’s huge for small businesses because it brings in foot traffic and tourism. It excites people for winter when sometimes the outside can seem dreary and dull.”, says Reilly Glynn, a barista at 7th Street Coffee. 

GO Collaborative is having small businesses hand out snowmen trading cards. Each card has a picture of the snowman, its name, and the artist on it. You can find these trading cards being passed out at the following locations – Pocono Soap, Earthlight Natural Foods, Fitzpatricks Irish Shop, Sonia’s Sweet Inspirations, and Grandpa Joe’s Candy. 

Snowmen of Stroudsburg is one of the many treasures of our town. Next time you find yourself on Main Street or neighboring streets, make sure to stop and take a look. If not, check out the photo gallery attached below! 

Helpful Links 

Snowmen map: gocollaborativestbg.com

Maps of snowmen are available at these locations: gocollaborativestbg.com

Trading Card Locations: gocollaborativestbg.com

Vote for your favorite snowmen: form.123formbuilder.com