Poll

Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Poetry Out Loud Contest gives out a prize of $20,000 to the winner! (Logo credit: Poetry Out Loud)
Poetry Out Loud Contest
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 16, 2023

Check out Poetry Out Loud, see Ms. Griswold, room C125 to get more information.

Continue Reading
Denzel Key, 12, at the free throw line during Stroudsburgs 58-41 win over Dieruff on December 22nd, 2023. 
Photo taken by Danielle Ramstine.
Stroudsburg one win away from State Tournament
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024

Stroudsburg fell to Parkland High School, 50-38, in the District 11 semifinals Wednesday night at William Allen High School in Allentown, PA. Micaiah 'Meeks' Brown, 12,...

Continue Reading
Anna Kirby poses for a picture after beating her second record of the season.
Anna Kirby breaks a second school record for the season
Georgie English, Staff writer • February 27, 2024

Then, just last week, Kirby broke another record at The Last Chance swim meet on Saturday, Feb. 17, "Kirby break school record".  Kirby set the record for...

Continue Reading
Jacob Bajek, 11, takes on competitors at EPC competition on February 8th, 2024.
Chess team rallies at 2024 EPC Competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

The Stroudsburg chess team sent its varsity roster to the Chess Eastern Pennslyvania Conference (EPC) competition on Thursday, Feb. 8. The team's varsity roster consists of...

Continue Reading
View All

The Kindness Project expands to Stroudsburg

Gian Leoj Dela Cruz
The Kindness Cottage is newly decorated with Christmas decor for the holidays!

The Kindness Project (TKP) is an organization that is volunteer-driven, non-profit, and fully donation-based. They provide support to foster families in the Lehigh Valley region and surrounding areas and recently expanded to the Pocono Region with a building named The Kindness Cottage here in Stroudsburg.

Adoption and foster care are critical for children who have lost their parents.

“It gives them a sense of belonging and it can help them cope with their previous traumas,” said, the director of The Kindness Cottage, Liz Johnson, “When kids lose their first family they can heal with the help of their new families.”

According to the PA Department of Human Services, “In Pennsylvania, more than 3,000 children are waiting to be adopted or fostered.”

TKP is one of many organizations that help with this. TKP states that since 2018, they have helped 600 or more families and more than 1,600 newly adopted or fostered children. The Kindness Cottage was opened on August 20, 2022, hoping to increase these numbers in the future.

TKP offers a variety of necessities for the “tiniest of babies from the NICU to young adults up to 21 years old,” says Johnson.

TKP provides clothing, hygiene products, and bedding. They also provide school supplies, games, toys, and even strollers and cribs. The kids come into The Kindness Cottage with their caregiver and are given totes to help carry any items they need. Almost like shopping at a grocery store, they choose their clothes and items, giving them the feeling of independence.

If you want to help TKP with its mission and cause, you can donate money at TKP’s official website https://mykindnessproject.org, or clothing and items at The Kindness Cottage located at 305 Cadet Street, Stroudsburg, PA.

You can also volunteer by filling out this form, https://mykindnessproject.org, however, they only allow volunteers 18 or over, unless someone over 16 has a qualified parental figure to volunteer with them.