Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg walking off of the field during game against Emmaus on April 8, 2024.
Baseball loses heartbreaker to Pleasant Valley
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024

On Wednesday, Stroudsburg lost to Pleasant Valley High School, 9-8. This game was scoreless until the top of the third inning, where Pleasant Valley scored three runs against...

Continue Reading
Long distance coach, Coach Foti, talking to runner Janel Meyers.
Photo credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Stroudsburg High School Track and Field
Georgie English, Staff Writer • April 9, 2024

Stroudsburg High School Varsity Track and Field competed for their first home meet at Ross Stulgaitis Stadium against Northampton High School Konkrete Kids on Wednesday, March...

Continue Reading
L-R (siting): Dominic Negron, Terrel Butler, Keshav Persaud, Jessie Smith, Mason Ulmer, Logan Casebolt. 
L-R (standing): Asst. Coach Yost, Darius Quintana, Will Puskar, Tobias Ricks, Jason, Pritchard, Josh Marosi, Coach Tapiro.  2024 Boys Tennis Team photo, courtesy of coaches Tapiro and Yost, used with permission.
Stroudsburg Boys' Tennis Update
Jaden Harper and Madison NoonanApril 8, 2024

Led by Coach Gene Tapiro and Assistant Coach Ceal Yost, the 2024 boys' tennis team is off to a strong start. The 2023 team graduated several varsity players but Will Puskar,...

Continue Reading
View All

MCTI expects new programs and renovations

February school board updates
Fayth Winkelman
The Monroe Career & Technical Institute has big plans for the future.

MCTI is rolling out a brand new program starting next year.

A brand new expansion was recently approved and will start construction at the building starting this spring. It plans to include a better community area for assemblies to house all students attending.

With this, MCTI is preparing for a new program starting next fall: Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine. This program prepares students for either a physical therapy or sports medicine degree in higher education. There have also been agreements prepared with Northampton Community College, East Stroudsburg University, and Lock Haven University to allow students to transfer college credit. More details will come soon.

MCTI students also had the opportunity to build an outdoor storage unit on the school’s campus as part of their curriculum. Carpentry, HVAC, electric, and other students all had the opportunity to assist in building the unit. MCTI hopes to have similar projects in the future, including building a new nurse’s office.

The new Program of Study for the 2024-25 school year was also approved. Any new courses approved this year will be included as students prepare to choose their courses for the upcoming school year.

The district calendar for the 2024-25 school year was also approved. Important dates include the first day of school on August 26, Thanksgiving Recess from Nov. 25 until Dec. 2, and Winter Recess from Dec. 23 to Jan. 1.