Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg walking off of the field during game against Emmaus on April 8, 2024.
Baseball loses heartbreaker to Pleasant Valley
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024

On Wednesday, Stroudsburg lost to Pleasant Valley High School, 9-8. This game was scoreless until the top of the third inning, where Pleasant Valley scored three runs against...

Continue Reading
Long distance coach, Coach Foti, talking to runner Janel Meyers.
Photo credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Stroudsburg High School Track and Field
Georgie English, Staff Writer • April 9, 2024

Stroudsburg High School Varsity Track and Field competed for their first home meet at Ross Stulgaitis Stadium against Northampton High School Konkrete Kids on Wednesday, March...

Continue Reading
L-R (siting): Dominic Negron, Terrel Butler, Keshav Persaud, Jessie Smith, Mason Ulmer, Logan Casebolt. 
L-R (standing): Asst. Coach Yost, Darius Quintana, Will Puskar, Tobias Ricks, Jason, Pritchard, Josh Marosi, Coach Tapiro.  2024 Boys Tennis Team photo, courtesy of coaches Tapiro and Yost, used with permission.
Stroudsburg Boys' Tennis Update
Jaden Harper and Madison NoonanApril 8, 2024

Led by Coach Gene Tapiro and Assistant Coach Ceal Yost, the 2024 boys' tennis team is off to a strong start. The 2023 team graduated several varsity players but Will Puskar,...

Continue Reading
View All

Mountaineers rally to defeat Easton, 8-7

Stroudsburg comes back from down 5-1 to win their second straight game
Jaden Harper
Stroudsburg C Thomas Gonzalez throwing down to second base after P Anthony Knight finishes his warmup pitches before the top of the 1st inning vs Easton Area High School on March 25th, 2024.

After the blowout win last week against East Stroudsburg South, 11-1, the team wanted to keep their foot on the pedal as they welcomed Easton Area High School for the first time since 2021.

After going down early, the Mountaineers rode a 6-run 5-inning to take the lead and defeat the Red Rovers, 8-7, in seven innings.

P/1B Anthony Knight, 11, got the ball again for Stroudsburg for his second outing of the season. This one went much better than his first, as he was able to go five innings allowing three earned runs, striking out five while only walking three batters.

P/OF Jackson Brancato, 12, once again relieved Knight and picked up the win on the mound for Stroudsburg. Brancato threw two innings of work, not allowing a run and striking out three.

Knight and Brancato also showed up at the plate. Knight had an RBI double and a walk in three at-bats. Brancato had two hits and drove in three runs in the comeback. INF Paulie Maccarrone, 11, added on, driving in two runs on a double. Seven different players also scored runs in the win.

Next up for Stroudsburg is 1-2 Whitehall High School tomorrow at 4:00 pm in Whitehall. It will mark the team’s first road contest and will be the first of three straight contests away from the High School. Whitehall has been outscored by their opponents 15-1 in their last two games. Stroudsburg is 3-1 all-time against the Zephyrs and has won the last two games.