The “I AM” Wall turns into SHS tourist attraction

Saheim Clervoix, Staff Writer

The “I Am” Wall has become our schoolai??i??s own graffiti wall created by our students,” said sophomore Brenda Serrano.

This project, which is in its second year at SHS, has become the high school’sAi??very own tourist attraction. Students, as well as visitors, continue taking photographs of the colorful display.

ai???I came across it (“I Am” Wall) from another school who had it at their school on the internet,ai??? said Ms. Heidi Rodriguez, a learning support teacher.Ai??Rodriguez took a spin on the idea and used her support class to create it. Ai??This year, Rodriguez’s class distributed cards and markers to all homerooms, so that every student at SHS could help contribute.

The wall has gotten immensely bigger since last year, with a variety of positive words added.

Rodriguez is excited about the progress of Ai??the wall, and she encourages people to come up with fresh words.

ai???I would like more students to have more enthusiasm in their words and be creative with themai??? said Rodriguez.

Many believe that the ai???I Am” Wall has increased school spirit and creativity among students.Ai??

“The ai???I Am” Wall has added positivity and it acknowledges that everybody is different,ai??? said Rodriguez, whose goal isAi??to continue this project for years to come and hopes to expand it to another wall in the near future.