Spotlight on Nicole Sanzi

What motivates you to come to school?

I am motivated to come to school because of free education. Many people take their education for granted but I look at education as a gift. There are so many impoverished people who do not have the ability to learn. Knowledge is the most powerful weapon that exists.

Do you think that there should be mandatory classes? Or should students be able to pick any classes they want?

I do think that there should be mandatory classes because it forces students to become involved in expanding their horizons. Mandatory classes educate students on things they may not have previously known and allows them more choices for a career. I also think that mandatory classes allow for a sense of discipline. Students learn to try their best in subjects that they may not like.

Should there be a dress code? If so, why or why not?

In any facility, there needs to be rules and regulations although I do not particularly agree with the dress code policy. Dress code excludes the expression of individuality. It is vital for an individual to maintain a sense of self and in my opinion, the dress code is too monotonous to express who you are. I would like to see a dress code with more variety.

Who is one of your favorite teachers?

One of my favorite teachers is Mrs. Baughman. I admire people who are completely and shamelessly themselves. She is a really kind and genuine person, which is hard to come by in today’s world. She has a great sense of humor without ever being mean. I really like Mrs. Baughman. She has a really great personality.

What is one of your goals for this year?

My goal is to be an even better person than I was last year. To be a better person than I was yesterday, rather. I want to continue in my strides toward improvement. I want to be able to look in the mirror at the end of my life and know that I never stopped trying to improve myself.

What are your hobbies outside of school?

My hobbies outside of the school environment consist of any form of art. Writing, singing, drawing, and playing the piano are my leisures. I also enjoy spending my free time cleaning and decorating my house. I LOVE to decorate.

What is your biggest motivation?

My biggest motivation is the kids I teach at the Y. I really enjoy watching children grow first hand. To experience the mental growth of a child is really interesting to me and the ability to impact the life of ten kids in one class holds great value. I am motivated to do my best in order to be the best role model for them.

Who do you consider to be a great role model?

Jay Moriarity is a super role model for me. Picture a fifteen-year-old boy who lives with a single mom. He works double shifts at a pizza shop in downtown Santa Cruz, California in order to afford his house. He wakes his mom up every morning to get her to work and takes care of himself like an adult. This kid had every reason to give up. He had every opportunity to say, Hey, I don’t want to do this anymore. This kid picked his head up and went on to eventually become the greatest surfer in history.

What is unique about your personality?

My personality is one like no other, and everyone who meets me says the same thing. Old soul. I really do consider myself to be an old soul because I am really quite content with who I am. I enjoy talking to older people because there is always something to learn from them. I am a person who stands up for what I believe in despite the majority. I have learned throughout the past few years that no one’s opinion matters except for my own. If I know that I am doing a good job with who I am, then I think I have done something right.

Mountaineer • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in