Poll

Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Poetry Out Loud Contest gives out a prize of $20,000 to the winner! (Logo credit: Poetry Out Loud)
Poetry Out Loud Contest
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 16, 2023

Check out Poetry Out Loud, see Ms. Griswold, room C125 to get more information.

Continue Reading
Denzel Key, 12, at the free throw line during Stroudsburgs 58-41 win over Dieruff on December 22nd, 2023. 
Photo taken by Danielle Ramstine.
Stroudsburg one win away from State Tournament
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024

Stroudsburg fell to Parkland High School, 50-38, in the District 11 semifinals Wednesday night at William Allen High School in Allentown, PA. Micaiah 'Meeks' Brown, 12,...

Continue Reading
Anna Kirby poses for a picture after beating her second record of the season.
Anna Kirby breaks a second school record for the season
Georgie English, Staff writer • February 27, 2024

Then, just last week, Kirby broke another record at The Last Chance swim meet on Saturday, Feb. 17, "Kirby break school record".  Kirby set the record for...

Continue Reading
Jacob Bajek, 11, takes on competitors at EPC competition on February 8th, 2024.
Chess team rallies at 2024 EPC Competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

The Stroudsburg chess team sent its varsity roster to the Chess Eastern Pennslyvania Conference (EPC) competition on Thursday, Feb. 8. The team's varsity roster consists of...

Continue Reading
View All

Join The Acceptance Project (TAP) this year!

Delaney Burke
One of the Acceptance Project’s leaders, Ethan Custard, 12, at the latest TAP meeting

If you’re interested in politics or current events, consider joining The Acceptance Project (TAP)!

TAP is a club that allows students to talk about controversial issues in a safe space. The rocky political climate makes it difficult for people to discuss their ideas without receiving backlash. 

Topics like gun control, abortion, and the death penalty are seen as taboo in today’s day and age, but The Acceptance Project unites students through mutual discussions of topics like these.

The club’s members span the political spectrum, from conservative to liberal. This diversity of students allows members to hear other people’s perspectives, work together, and put aside previous biases. 

The Acceptance Project was started by Stroudsburg alumni, Taha Vahanvaty. When asked why he started the club, he stated, “I started TAP out of a desire to get students with backgrounds, experiences, and beliefs to simply talk to one another. All students need is time, space, and a facilitator. The conversations just flow after that.”

Understanding politics is so important for our generation because soon, we’ll be the ones making decisions that directly affect our future.

One of TAP’s past leaders, Stroudsburg alumni 2022, Gavin Hall, recalled his time in the club and said, “The Acceptance Project was a vital resource in learning how my fellow students thought and how to understand them. It breached gaps between us and gave a platform for people to tell their stories. The learning opportunities and social respect The Acceptance Project offers is something I value to this day.“

The lessons you can learn from being in this club can change your perception of politics and people as a whole. Learning to look past shallow labels and starting to listen to others is an essential part of what it takes to be an involved citizen and student. 

With meetings every other Thursday in C208, TAP makes it easy to become involved. For more information, email club advisor, Jessica Appolo, at [email protected].

If you’re interested in joining, use the Google Classroom code y5stfra and look for updates on new meetings!