Poll

Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Poetry Out Loud Contest gives out a prize of $20,000 to the winner! (Logo credit: Poetry Out Loud)
Poetry Out Loud Contest
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 16, 2023

Check out Poetry Out Loud, see Ms. Griswold, room C125 to get more information.

Continue Reading
Denzel Key, 12, at the free throw line during Stroudsburgs 58-41 win over Dieruff on December 22nd, 2023. 
Photo taken by Danielle Ramstine.
Stroudsburg one win away from State Tournament
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024

Stroudsburg fell to Parkland High School, 50-38, in the District 11 semifinals Wednesday night at William Allen High School in Allentown, PA. Micaiah 'Meeks' Brown, 12,...

Continue Reading
Anna Kirby poses for a picture after beating her second record of the season.
Anna Kirby breaks a second school record for the season
Georgie English, Staff writer • February 27, 2024

Then, just last week, Kirby broke another record at The Last Chance swim meet on Saturday, Feb. 17, "Kirby break school record".  Kirby set the record for...

Continue Reading
Jacob Bajek, 11, takes on competitors at EPC competition on February 8th, 2024.
Chess team rallies at 2024 EPC Competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

The Stroudsburg chess team sent its varsity roster to the Chess Eastern Pennslyvania Conference (EPC) competition on Thursday, Feb. 8. The team's varsity roster consists of...

Continue Reading
View All

Clearview Elementary sees renovations in its future

January school board updates
Julian Gajewski
Clearview Elementary sits in freshly coated snow as snow continues to fall.

Clearview Elementary sees a bright future ahead.

At the recent meeting on Jan. 17, the School Board and Administration announced they recently sent an application to receive a grant to renovate Clearview Elementary. This would bring the building up to modern-day standards and allow it to be used for the public again.

While the district is still unsure what they will do with Clearview if they are approved to renovate, current ideas include using it as a community space and allowing for public gatherings to commence there. The School Board and Administration also hope to do this with Ramsey Elementary shortly. More updates to come.

A new course was recently approved. Civil Engineering and Architecture is a new course that would be the next step for prospering engineering students.

As a full-year elective, it is designed to be the successor to a course already offered at Stroudsburg High School, Introduction to Engineering Design. Its curriculum includes learning the history of civil engineering, learning how to build with cost efficiency, and ultimately culminating into a big end-of-year project involving designing and creating a commercial building using everything students learned from the course.

It is hoped to have the course ready for the beginning of the next school year.

Feb. 15 is also planned to be an early dismissal for students to prepare them for the four-day weekend surrounding President’s Day. More will be shared within the near future.

The School Board also approved recent and upcoming field trips for all schools within the district. The main field trip that was approved was a trip to the high school for the fifth graders to practice and prepare for their upcoming concert in March.

Other field trips include transportation for students who will be participating in District Choir, Orchestra, and Band within the past or upcoming weeks.

View Comments (2)