Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg walking off of the field during game against Emmaus on April 8, 2024.
Baseball loses heartbreaker to Pleasant Valley
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024

On Wednesday, Stroudsburg lost to Pleasant Valley High School, 9-8. This game was scoreless until the top of the third inning, where Pleasant Valley scored three runs against...

Continue Reading
Long distance coach, Coach Foti, talking to runner Janel Meyers.
Photo credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Stroudsburg High School Track and Field
Georgie English, Staff Writer • April 9, 2024

Stroudsburg High School Varsity Track and Field competed for their first home meet at Ross Stulgaitis Stadium against Northampton High School Konkrete Kids on Wednesday, March...

Continue Reading
L-R (siting): Dominic Negron, Terrel Butler, Keshav Persaud, Jessie Smith, Mason Ulmer, Logan Casebolt. 
L-R (standing): Asst. Coach Yost, Darius Quintana, Will Puskar, Tobias Ricks, Jason, Pritchard, Josh Marosi, Coach Tapiro.  2024 Boys Tennis Team photo, courtesy of coaches Tapiro and Yost, used with permission.
Stroudsburg Boys' Tennis Update
Jaden Harper and Madison NoonanApril 8, 2024

Led by Coach Gene Tapiro and Assistant Coach Ceal Yost, the 2024 boys' tennis team is off to a strong start. The 2023 team graduated several varsity players but Will Puskar,...

Continue Reading
View All

Girl’s wrestling comes to SHS

March school board updates
Julian Gajewski

The School Board recently approved a new Girl’s Wrestling program here at Stroudsburg High School.

There has been a recent push statewide for girl’s wrestling programs in Pennsylvania. Multiple schools in the area, including Pocono Mountain East and West, East Stroudsburg North, Liberty, Freedom, Easton, and Pleasant Valley High Schools have all started their program.

SHS has joined this trend with the recent approval of a PIAA Girl’s Wrestling program and team. Coaches hope to have it started for the 2024-25 school year and for it to be fully implemented for the 2025-26 school year, competing with other schools.

This allows for huge opportunities for female wrestlers in higher education, with multiple colleges and universities, such as Lehigh University, offering scholarships.

The Spring Keystone Schedule has been finalized for this May.

The week of May 13-17 will involve Keystone testing, with Literature on May 13, Biology on May 14, Algebra on May 15, and make-up days on May 16-17.

These days will also include Operation Graduation and Final Push for seniors to ensure they graduate and sophomores and juniors to boost their grades. Any high school students who are not involved with Keystone testing, Operation Graduation, and Final Push will experience May 13-17 as an asynchronous week.

More details will come in the following weeks.