Enjoy Dr. Seuss’ Green Eggs and Ham Brunch this Sunday

Alanna Christman, Staff Writer

Dr. Suess is on the loose, and the whole community can experience the famous book and its characters while enjoying a delicious breakfast.

Dr.Suess’ Green Eggs and Ham Brunch will take place at the Chipperfield Elementary School from 11 a.m – 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 3.

Dr. Suess was a famous writer and cartoonist who has published over 60 books. His best string of best specials include the famous Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, and much more. His rhymes and characters are beloved by generations of fans.

Admission is five dollars, but includes eggs (green or regular), ham, bagels, juice, milk, coffee, games, music, books, arts and crafts, and prizes!

“Breakfast with Dr. Seuss is a fun event for all children and their families. We offer many different games, crafts, food, and music all for $5,” said class of 2020 officer Emily Mars.

Every child gets to pick a book from the book giveaway to take home with them as well. They’ll also get to keep the arts and craft projects they make at the event. The suggested age group to attend is elementary age kids up to fourth grade.

This annual event is a part of Read Across America. It takes place every year in March, around Dr.Seuss’ birthday. Across the country, thousands of schools, libraries, and community centers participate by bringing together teens and kids to a fun event that promotes reading to younger children.

Governors, mayors, elected officials, and educators across the nation recognize the value of reading. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, it was discovered that “reading exerts a positive effect on the developing brain” of children- even for little ones that cannot read yet.

Any help for the event is greatly appreciated. SHS students are invited to attend as helpers while younger siblings enjoy the festivities.

“If high school kids have younger brothers or sisters, definitely bring them,” said class of 2020 advisor Ms. Shari Griswold. “We could always use help. The older kids run the games and [other] stuff.”

This event is sponsored by the SHS Class of 2020.“I’m very excited for the event,” said Griswold. “It’s a lot of work, but it’s a lot of fun.”