5th Annual College Fair well received at SHS

Juniors and seniors explored colleges and companies at recent fair

Noah Barro, Staff Writer

Stroudsburg High School hosted its fifth annual College Fair for juniors and seniors on Friday, November 5 in the gymnasium This event provided both classes a chance to explore options after high school. 

Approximately 60 colleges and universities participated.  There were also companies, including Kalahari and PA Careerlink, for students looking for an alternative to higher education.

“For the juniors, this is prime time for exploring, and for the seniors, this will help them figure out where they want to go.” said guidance counselor Ms. Theresa Onody. 

That is exactly what students did. They walked around, asked questions, and got to learn more about these colleges and companies.

“This made me think more about my options after high school,” said junior Jaelyanna Giraldo.

“That was the whole point of the event. To get students to think of their life after high school.” 

Emma Zauck, a senior, had the same opinion as Giraldo.  “This definitely helped me narrow down my options after high school,” said Zauck.

This was a special opportunity for SHS students. 

“I love how the students are taking the initiative to learn about these colleges. They are appreciating and taking advantage of this opportunity the school has set up for them.” said a representative from Kutztown University.  

Here is a list of the colleges and universities that participated in the College Fair:

Albright University, Alvernia University, Bloomsburg University, Bucknell University, Cairn University, Caldwell University, California University of Pennsylvania, Community College of the Air Force, Cheyney University, Delaware VAlley University, DeSales University, Drexel University, Duquesne University, East Stroudsburg University, Eastern University, Elizabethtown College, Empire Beauty School, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Hofstra University, Johnson & Wales University, Johnson College, Juniata College, King’s College, Kutztown University, La Salle University, Lackawanna College, LAfayette College, Lebanon Valley College, Lincoln University PA, Mansfield University, Marywood University, Millersville University, Misericordia University, Montclair State University, Moravian University, New England College, Niagara University, Northampton Community College, Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine, Point Park University, Saint Joseph’s University, Slippery Rock University, St. Luke’s School of Nursing, SUNY Oswego, Thaddeus Stevens College, The Beauty Institute-Stroudsburg, THe University of Pittsburgh, The University of Scranton, Thomas Jefferson University, Universal Technical Institute, Verto Education, Wilkes University, Wilson College and York College of Pennsylvania.