SASD music students light up the stage at Stroudsburg Music Fest

Noah Barro, Staff Writer

As December rolls in, it is time for holiday cheer — and the biggest music event of the year: Music Fest.

For SASD students enrolled in the music program, it’s time to burst out into song, bust a move, and shred the violin.

Last Saturday, December 4, that is precisely what happened.  Stroudsburg hosted the 44th annual Music Fest. With the hiatus last year, the music department didn’t get their time to shine. They certainly made up for the lost time.

There was concern over how the students would perform after being away from the stage for over a year.  

“They know their stuff!” said Ms. Lisa Rogers, Orchestra Director dismissed any notion that these students were not ready.  And ready they were.  They performed to a wildly receptive audience. 

Even though the performers were wearing masks, bright smiles could still be detected on the faces of these talented performers.

After the event, junior Leah Perez shared her enthusiasm about being back out in the limelight.

“I couldn’t be more excited to get back on stage!” said Pelaez. It felt like I was riding a bike when I got up on stage.” after her performance.

The following groups performed at the event: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th/12th Orchestra, Wind Ensemble, 7th, 8th, 9th Band, HS Band, 5th/6th Chorus, 7/8/9 Chorus, HS Chorus, Chorale, JH Show Choir, and HS Show Choir.

The music department has more events coming up that you won’t want to miss and if you are wondering about getting involved. Keep your ears open for the morning announcements!

To view past articles and photos gallery, visit :

Photo Gallery of SHS Annual Musicfest!

Annual Musicfest showcases all SASD music programs

Enjoy the photo gallery below.