Student Spotlight on Matthew “Lee” Chang

Savannah Bone, Staff Writer

What activities or hobbies do you enjoy outside of school? 

Outside of school, I enjoy skateboarding and snowboarding. There’s just so much fun and I find enjoyment in sports without so much freedom regarding rules. If you wanna go snowboarding, I’m so down!

Who do you consider your biggest role model, and why?

My biggest role model is probably my mother. She showed me that even through adversity you can create the life you want, and I idolize her for that resolve.

What is something that most people may not know about you?

Something most people don’t know about me is that I am a huge anime nerd in my heart! I can confidently say that I’ve watched the most anime out of any student in Stroudsburg and I’m willing to challenge that idea with anyone!

What is unique about your personality?

I find it easy to talk to anyone about anything. I think everyone needs someone to talk to and I’ll be that person for anyone who needs it. I feel like it’s my moral duty, you know?

What qualities do you value in people? 

In people I value honesty and loyalty. I feel like the difference between friends and individuals I just know of is their ability to lie to you, and if you’re an honest person, I appreciate it.

When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell stories about?

They would definitely ask about how I survived a pandemic, and I would fabricate the story heavily for comedic and dramatic effect. For all they know, I cured covid.

How do you judge a person?

I judge people based on their interests. I like the guessing game of finding out the personalities based on their interests and see if my assessment of them was correct.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be? 

If I could have any superpower it would definitely have to be flight. Who wouldn’t want to be able to fly? Imagining soaring through the wide-open sky takes me aback because the ability to do so seems so daunting but exciting at the same time!

What is your favorite thing about yourself? 

My ability to get along with everyone. I like the diversity of people and how everyone has their own story to tell, and I’m fascinated by everyone.

What’s your favorite joke?

Jokes about the wind, blow (lol).