Fall sports teams wrap up seasons

Noah Morell, Staff Writer

With the fall sports season coming to an end it is time to acknowledge the accomplishments of the teams this year.

Football: The football team has a record of 6-3, with one regular season game left against the Pleasant Valley Bears this Friday (10/28/22). Last Friday the football team dominated East Stroudsburg South in a 23-8 win. This win brought home the Little Brown Jug Trophy. The football team has made playoffs and is set to play Northampton on Friday (11/4/22) in the first round of playoffs.

Field hockey: The field hockey team finished their season with a winning record of 12-6 and qualified for EPCs and districts. In the first round of EPCs, the team played Easton and lost in a heartbreaking 3-2 defeat. Thursday (10/27/22) the girls played Parkland in the first round of districts and lost 3-2 in overtime.

Girls soccer: The girls soccer team finished their season with a record of 4-13-1.  Unfortunately, the team did not qualify for the the playoffs.

Girls tennis: The varsity tennis team finished the regular season with an amazing record of 15-2, sending many players to the EPCs. Among these girls, seniors Katherine Georgio and her partner Sophia Loomis went 17-0 and medaled in EPCs. Seniors Jaina and Jelena Nortey also medaled along with senior Madi Noonan, senior Julianna Vo, and junior Ali Willis.

Cross country: The cross country team did very well this year. The girls varsity team finished their season 12-4 and the boys finished their season 11-5. Both teams have the opportunity to participate in leagues and districts. The girls placed fifth and the boys placed seventh at leagues this year. At the recent district races, Cate Brinker was the only runner that qualified for states, which will be run on Saturday (11/5/22).

Volleyball: The girls volleyball team finished with a record of 7-13. The girls fell short of making the playoffs this season.

Golf team: The final record for this year’s golf team was 13-3. They went on to place fourth as a team at EPCs. Sophomore Hunter Probst and senior Will Eberz placed fourth and seventh at EPCs individually. Probst and Eberz both competed at the district championship. Probst finished fifth and Eberz finished tenth. Probst eventually went on to place tenth in states overall.

Boys soccer: The boys soccer team ended their season with a 7-11 record and was unable to clinch a spot in districts or EPCs.

For more information on the fall sports seasons and upcoming athletic events, visit:

https://mountieathletics.org/