Poll

This poll has ended.

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Photo of Teacher and Varsity Head Cross Country and Track and Field Long Distance Coach Eric Foti.
Boys' Track leaves Dieruff in the dust
Jaden Harper, Writer • April 18, 2024

On Monday, April 15, the boys' track team beat the Dieruff Huskies 100-50.  Of the 36 events, the SHS boys' track team placed in the top five in most of those events. The...

Continue Reading
Photo of track superstar Alena Murray, 11, taken at a track meet of her in action.
Girls' Track obliterates Dieruff Huskies
Georgie English, Writer • April 18, 2024

On Monday, April 15, while the rest of the world was worried about a tax deadline, the SHS girls' track team monopolized the scoreboard beating Dieruff 126 to 24. Alena...

Continue Reading
Boys tennis regroups in a huddle. 
Photo credit: Berlin Ulmer, 11.
Tennis woes
Madison Noonan, Writer • April 17, 2024

Boys' tennis played Allentown Central Catholic on April 8, but the match was a shut-out. The team suffered a devastating loss with a score of 6-0.  On April 10th, the...

Continue Reading
View All

National Washington Crossing Foundation Scholarship

Luka Konklin
Original image by Luka Konklin for National Washington Crossing Foundation Scholarship.

If you’re planning on making a career in the local, state, or federal government, check out this scholarship!

Each interested student should write a one-page essay explaining why they plan on working towards a career in government service, including inspiration derived from George Washington’s leadership in his famous crossing of the Delaware.

The essay must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a high school guidance counselor or principal and their transcript, national testing scores, and other supportive information about the student.

The deadline for this scholarship is January 15, 2024. Winners are given awards and students planning to attend one of the military academies have been awarded full four-year tuition scholarships. Start applications soon!

For more information, visit https://www.gwcf.org/scholarship.