Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading

Photo Credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Boys' track team sweeps the competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

The Stroudsburg boys' track team defeated William Allen and Pocono Mountain West during a dual meet on Monday, 4/22. William Allen lost 4 to Stroudsburg's 146 and PMW lost...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg softball celebrates on field during game.
Softball continues to roll in victory

On Wed, April 24, Stroudsburg defeated East Stroudsburg South, 5-3. The team continues to roll as with 8 games left in the season, they are 8-4. Jordan Cook, 9, went...

Continue Reading
SHS Girls track wins at a dual meet, April 22, 2024 against William Allen and Pocono Mountain West. 
Photo image by Amir Lovell, 10.
Girls' Track continues to reign
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Monday, April 22, the SHS track team competed in a dual meet against William Allen and Pocono Mountain West. William Allen lost to SHS girls with a final score of 4...

Continue Reading
View All

Toys for Tots Youth Ambassador: Riley Duffy

Riley+Duffy%2C+10%2C+is+the+new+youth+ambassador+for+Toys+for+Tots.+
Georgie English
Riley Duffy, 10, is the new youth ambassador for Toys for Tots.

Riley Duffy, 10, is one of 51 teenagers in the nation to be honored with the title, Toys for Tots Youth Ambassador. Duffy is working with Monroe County Toys for Tots to collect, sort, and distribute toys for children in need. 

Riley’s job is to go shopping for toys and sort all the toys by age. She also is in charge of posting updates on Monroe County TFT Facebook and National Marines TFT Facebook pages and attending events that are held. They hold monthly Zoom meetings for all the youth ambassadors as well.

Riley says, “Being able to help kids who are less fortunate than others has always been something I’ve enjoyed doing and I’ve been helping with Toys for Tots for a while now.” She will also hold this role forever.

Duffy has been involved in Toys for Tots for the last three years. She first started at the Toy Sorting Event. At the Toy Sorting Event, she got to sort toys by age and choose toys for the Salvation Army and Pleasant Valley Ecumenical Network.

After only her first year of volunteering, Duffy was asked by John Dixon, Toys for Tots leader, if she was willing to hold the Toys for Tots banner. She has held the banner for both local Saint Patrick’s Day and Veterans Day parades.

John Dixon nominated Riley for many reasons. Riley and her family are always willing to donate their time and money to charity. Riley is also willing to help with anything at any time when anyone asks.

Being a Toys for Tots Youth Ambassador does not only come with the great feeling of helping those in need, it also comes with some fun trips. Riley’s mother, Jennifer Duffy, states “She attends many of the Toys for Tots benefits including a concert at the Sherman Theatre and a Karate Tournament this weekend.  Riley has been on the radio to promote Toys for Tots.”

If you are interested in requesting toy donations for your family or donating toys online or in person, here is the official Toys for Tots link.