Poll

Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Poetry Out Loud Contest gives out a prize of $20,000 to the winner! (Logo credit: Poetry Out Loud)
Poetry Out Loud Contest
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 16, 2023

Check out Poetry Out Loud, see Ms. Griswold, room C125 to get more information.

Continue Reading
Denzel Key, 12, at the free throw line during Stroudsburgs 58-41 win over Dieruff on December 22nd, 2023. 
Photo taken by Danielle Ramstine.
Stroudsburg one win away from State Tournament
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024

Stroudsburg fell to Parkland High School, 50-38, in the District 11 semifinals Wednesday night at William Allen High School in Allentown, PA. Micaiah 'Meeks' Brown, 12,...

Continue Reading
Anna Kirby poses for a picture after beating her second record of the season.
Anna Kirby breaks a second school record for the season
Georgie English, Staff writer • February 27, 2024

Then, just last week, Kirby broke another record at The Last Chance swim meet on Saturday, Feb. 17, "Kirby break school record".  Kirby set the record for...

Continue Reading
Jacob Bajek, 11, takes on competitors at EPC competition on February 8th, 2024.
Chess team rallies at 2024 EPC Competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

The Stroudsburg chess team sent its varsity roster to the Chess Eastern Pennslyvania Conference (EPC) competition on Thursday, Feb. 8. The team's varsity roster consists of...

Continue Reading
View All

Toys for Tots Youth Ambassador: Riley Duffy

Riley+Duffy%2C+10%2C+is+the+new+youth+ambassador+for+Toys+for+Tots.+
Georgie English
Riley Duffy, 10, is the new youth ambassador for Toys for Tots.

Riley Duffy, 10, is one of 51 teenagers in the nation to be honored with the title, Toys for Tots Youth Ambassador. Duffy is working with Monroe County Toys for Tots to collect, sort, and distribute toys for children in need. 

Riley’s job is to go shopping for toys and sort all the toys by age. She also is in charge of posting updates on Monroe County TFT Facebook and National Marines TFT Facebook pages and attending events that are held. They hold monthly Zoom meetings for all the youth ambassadors as well.

Riley says, “Being able to help kids who are less fortunate than others has always been something I’ve enjoyed doing and I’ve been helping with Toys for Tots for a while now.” She will also hold this role forever.

Duffy has been involved in Toys for Tots for the last three years. She first started at the Toy Sorting Event. At the Toy Sorting Event, she got to sort toys by age and choose toys for the Salvation Army and Pleasant Valley Ecumenical Network.

After only her first year of volunteering, Duffy was asked by John Dixon, Toys for Tots leader, if she was willing to hold the Toys for Tots banner. She has held the banner for both local Saint Patrick’s Day and Veterans Day parades.

John Dixon nominated Riley for many reasons. Riley and her family are always willing to donate their time and money to charity. Riley is also willing to help with anything at any time when anyone asks.

Being a Toys for Tots Youth Ambassador does not only come with the great feeling of helping those in need, it also comes with some fun trips. Riley’s mother, Jennifer Duffy, states “She attends many of the Toys for Tots benefits including a concert at the Sherman Theatre and a Karate Tournament this weekend.  Riley has been on the radio to promote Toys for Tots.”

If you are interested in requesting toy donations for your family or donating toys online or in person, here is the official Toys for Tots link.