Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading

Photo Credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Boys' track team sweeps the competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

The Stroudsburg boys' track team defeated William Allen and Pocono Mountain West during a dual meet on Monday, 4/22. William Allen lost 4 to Stroudsburg's 146 and PMW lost...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg softball celebrates on field during game.
Softball continues to roll in victory

On Wed, April 24, Stroudsburg defeated East Stroudsburg South, 5-3. The team continues to roll as with 8 games left in the season, they are 8-4. Jordan Cook, 9, went...

Continue Reading
SHS Girls track wins at a dual meet, April 22, 2024 against William Allen and Pocono Mountain West. 
Photo image by Amir Lovell, 10.
Girls' Track continues to reign
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Monday, April 22, the SHS track team competed in a dual meet against William Allen and Pocono Mountain West. William Allen lost to SHS girls with a final score of 4...

Continue Reading
View All

Health Science Club welcomes new members!

Delaney Burke
Picture of the Health Science Club leaders: VP, Keira King, advisor, Michael Cavanaugh, and President, Rebecca Chowdhury.

If you’re interested in pursuing a career in the medical field, consider joining the Health Science Club!

Founded in 2017 by Emily Irlbeck, Stroudsburg alumni, the club’s mission is to educate and encourage students interested in medical careers. It provides a space for students to explore new areas of different medical careers and provides opportunities to observe and ask questions of current medical professionals. 

The group also offers future leadership opportunities within the club for students to rise and gain experience. The current President is Rebecca Chowdhury, 12, and the Vice President is Keira King, 11. 

Speaking about how the club could aid future medical students, Chowdhury stated, “Our club allows students to be in direct contact with many medical professionals as well as professors or other college staff.”  She believes that this club enables students to ask questions, seek guidance, and network with individuals they otherwise wouldn’t have met.

The Health Science Club offers specialized opportunities to meet with colleges. On Wednesday, December 13, 2023, the group organized and participated in an interactive pharmacy lab, run by Wilkes University. 

Wilkes University informed the Health Science Club members of important college information, common medication misinformation, and how new medications are changing the field of pharmacy. 

Featuring activities like a drug dissolution lab, and exploring different medications with an antibiotic identification lab, the club members were able to practice, explore, and apply new ideas.

The presenters explained the many pathways pharmacists could take. Diverse discussions on industry, ambulatory, and academics are essential in providing students with the knowledge for future career choices.

The club is easy to join and meets both during school hours and after school in room G209 with Micheal Cavanaugh,  advisor and chemistry teacher.

Use Google Classroom code: rofjmx3 and follow the Health Science Club Instagram, @sburghealthscience. 

View Comments (3)