Poll

This poll has ended.

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Girls Varsity Basketball, 2023
How does an athlete balance academic demands with sports?
Morgan Tucker, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

Ella Henritzy, 12, has been a standout athlete this year. Henritzy turned heads on the basketball court as a power forward. Now, she is stacking points for track and field...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg infielders Anthony Knight and Alex Pacitti during game vs Emmaus High School
Baseball clinches playoff berth
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

On May 8, Stroudsburg defeated Pocono Mountain West, 9-2. This victory for the Mountaineers clinched their first playoff berth since 2022. The win also marked the Mountaineers...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburgs stand out track athletes
Stroudsburg's stand out track athletes
Morgan Tucker, Georgie English, and Madi NoonanMay 7, 2024

Continue Reading
View All

8th Grade Spotlight on Mallory Eberz

Lile Bekaia
Mallory stands outside on a curb looking very pleased in the sun.

Do you have any hobbies or activities you enjoy?

My favorite activity would have to be spending time with family. Whether that means we are hiking, paddle boarding, camping, travelling, playing games or eating together. I also enjoy reading, babysitting, playing sports, hanging out with friends, dancing, listening to/playing music, learning and being involved in school.

Do you have a favorite sport? Do you play it too? Why do you like it?

I play a couple sports, but if I had to choose my favorite, it would be dance. I’ve done Scottish dancing since I was 3 years old and I’ve recently discovered my love for ballet too. Ever since I can remember dance has been such a big part of my life. I like it because I get to travel with my family all over the country while doing something I love. I’ve been to the US championships twice and plan to compete there again. The results never mattered to me, what matters was that my dance teacher (my grandmother, former World Champion) was happy. She taught me everything I know about dance and I wouldn’t be anywhere without her.

What’s your favorite movie (or show)?

Gilmore Girls

How do you think you’ll feel in the High School?

I’m both excited and nervous to go to the High School. I will be able to be more involved and start preparing for my future which I look forward to. Although, I’d have to say, with two older siblings that both attended Stroudsburg High School, the standards are high.

What’s your favorite quote?

“Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” -Michelle Obama

Which places would you like to travel to someday and why?

I would like to travel to every National Park. My family and I love to go on adventures and explore. My dad has been to many National Parks throughout his life and loves to take my family places.

What is your most fond memory?

My most fond memory is going to Oregon over the summer with my family. There I competed in the US championships and after my family and I went camping along the coast where we got to go to a National Park and explore many different places. It was very fun and something I will always remember.

View Comments (1)