Poll

Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Poetry Out Loud Contest gives out a prize of $20,000 to the winner! (Logo credit: Poetry Out Loud)
Poetry Out Loud Contest
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 16, 2023

Check out Poetry Out Loud, see Ms. Griswold, room C125 to get more information.

Continue Reading
Denzel Key, 12, at the free throw line during Stroudsburgs 58-41 win over Dieruff on December 22nd, 2023. 
Photo taken by Danielle Ramstine.
Stroudsburg one win away from State Tournament
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024

Stroudsburg fell to Parkland High School, 50-38, in the District 11 semifinals Wednesday night at William Allen High School in Allentown, PA. Micaiah 'Meeks' Brown, 12,...

Continue Reading
Anna Kirby poses for a picture after beating her second record of the season.
Anna Kirby breaks a second school record for the season
Georgie English, Staff writer • February 27, 2024

Then, just last week, Kirby broke another record at The Last Chance swim meet on Saturday, Feb. 17, "Kirby break school record".  Kirby set the record for...

Continue Reading
Jacob Bajek, 11, takes on competitors at EPC competition on February 8th, 2024.
Chess team rallies at 2024 EPC Competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

The Stroudsburg chess team sent its varsity roster to the Chess Eastern Pennslyvania Conference (EPC) competition on Thursday, Feb. 8. The team's varsity roster consists of...

Continue Reading
View All

Spider-man 2 is a spider fan’s dream

Spider-man+2+is+the+first+game+ever+to+feature+both+Peter+and+Miles+as+playable+characters.+
Jiles Hernandez
Spider-man 2 is the first game ever to feature both Peter and Miles as playable characters.

Many teens or even adults in the US have been excited to play the new game, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.
This game contains Peter Parker and Miles Morales; Miles is the more recent protege who originates from Brooklyn.
This sequel to Marvel’s Spider-Man, the 2018 action-adventure game developed by Insomniac Games, kept its mechanics and mobility simple; however, the game was smoother and the ways of dodging and swerving were improved on.
There are many ways you could harm your enemies, and enemies are thrown around like dolls, juggled in the air, slammed across concrete floors, and slung into each other like body-armored bowling pins – but, naturally, never killed.
The storyline of Marvel’s Spider-man 2 is beautiful
In the beginning, we find that Peter strives to become a physics teacher; he is excited about this very news and we see that he is teaching Miles. There is a storm in the area, unknown to Miles and Peter that the storm is actually Sandman also known as Flint Marko.
Marko is a class Spider-man that ranges all the way back to Stan Lee’s comics.
Spider-Man 2 is, on paper, the perfect sequel. It takes all of the elements that made the first games so much fun and builds and improves on them.
Bigger battles, improved ray tracing, wider story choices with many side quests you can do along the way, build the fun within the game.
There are bigger bosses in the game which make the game more enjoyable, such as Dr. Curt Connors, also known as “The Lizard”, the “Hunters” and Kraven the Hunter.
Kraven the Hunter is a madman obsessed with finding the most dangerous game in the world. Stan Lee also created this character as a nod to the Richard Connell short story. His obsession eventually brings him to our titular characters.
Eventually, Venom becomes a significant character in the sequel, though explaining how so would be a spoiler in itself.
Venom is something Peter has never seen before, he is extremely unaware of this and is led to have the responsibility to fight this alien. Peter is not prepared for the fight and faces a tough decision.
Overall, Spider-Man 2 is a beautiful game which, unfortunately, did not win the Game of the Year award. Though it may have fallen short of awards, it easily everything a Spider-man fan could ask for. The city of New York is alive as ever and our two Spider-men have never been more fun to play.