Poll

Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Poetry Out Loud Contest gives out a prize of $20,000 to the winner! (Logo credit: Poetry Out Loud)
Poetry Out Loud Contest
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 16, 2023

Check out Poetry Out Loud, see Ms. Griswold, room C125 to get more information.

Continue Reading
Denzel Key, 12, at the free throw line during Stroudsburgs 58-41 win over Dieruff on December 22nd, 2023. 
Photo taken by Danielle Ramstine.
Stroudsburg one win away from State Tournament
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024

Stroudsburg fell to Parkland High School, 50-38, in the District 11 semifinals Wednesday night at William Allen High School in Allentown, PA. Micaiah 'Meeks' Brown, 12,...

Continue Reading
Anna Kirby poses for a picture after beating her second record of the season.
Anna Kirby breaks a second school record for the season
Georgie English, Staff writer • February 27, 2024

Then, just last week, Kirby broke another record at The Last Chance swim meet on Saturday, Feb. 17, "Kirby break school record".  Kirby set the record for...

Continue Reading
Jacob Bajek, 11, takes on competitors at EPC competition on February 8th, 2024.
Chess team rallies at 2024 EPC Competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

The Stroudsburg chess team sent its varsity roster to the Chess Eastern Pennslyvania Conference (EPC) competition on Thursday, Feb. 8. The team's varsity roster consists of...

Continue Reading
View All

SHS yearbook, The Pioneer, announces theme for 2023-2024 book: “The Climb”

Cami Trauschke
Yearbook staff poses with the final reveal of the name of the theme.

Get ready! On Feb. 2, 2024, Stroudsburg High School’s yearbook staff, The Pioneer, finally announced the central theme for the 2023-2024 yearbook.

Little by little, the staff has been hinting at the full cover by posting small pictures daily on their Instagram, @sburgpioneer, until they finally revealed the entire cover on Thursday night, February 1st. 

The yearbook provides an opportunity for students to look back at their memories. Each year, the yearbook class chooses a theme that represents the student body as a whole. Finding a theme is a group effort for everyone. Ideas are stated until they narrow them down to one, taking about 1-2 weeks to get one down. 

The theme for this year’s yearbook is “The Climb”, a metaphor based on Mountaineers. As a Mountaineer climbs mountains, SHS Mountaineers climb through classes, academics, friendships, etc. It has been designed to show students climbing to success through their high school year. The book’s central appearance is magazine-like pages highlighting the student’s stories at Stroudsburg High School.

“We wanted to put a spin on how mountaineers physically climb and turn it into how high school students metaphorically climb. The idea is climbing through the years to get to success. It mainly focuses on everything it takes to get to the top.” says Ms. Sarah Cepin, advisor of The Pioneer.

The idea for “The Climb” was originally proposed by Lucas Antal, 12, who wanted to dig into the journey of being a Mountaineer. When developing the final look of the book, Jordan Wilcox suggested a magazine-like feel, and from there, “The Climb” was born.

Editor-in-Chief, Lindsey Pelaez, 12, shares her excitement about the new book. “My favorite part is probably the creativity that comes with it; students can do so many different things.”

“I love the theme this year because it not only represents our mascot, The Mountaineer, but it also represents the strength and dedication it took us to get through our high school years.” says yearbook staff member, Kiara Hidalgo, 12. 

The yearbook is worked on until two weeks after graduation and is sent out to seniors in the summer. Underclassmen can pick up their books over the summer or fall when the next school year starts. 

If you are interested in purchasing a yearbook, the link is https://www.jostens.com

Check out the front and back cover of this year’s yearbook!