Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg walking off of the field during game against Emmaus on April 8, 2024.
Baseball loses heartbreaker to Pleasant Valley
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024

On Wednesday, Stroudsburg lost to Pleasant Valley High School, 9-8. This game was scoreless until the top of the third inning, where Pleasant Valley scored three runs against...

Continue Reading
Long distance coach, Coach Foti, talking to runner Janel Meyers.
Photo credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Stroudsburg High School Track and Field
Georgie English, Staff Writer • April 9, 2024

Stroudsburg High School Varsity Track and Field competed for their first home meet at Ross Stulgaitis Stadium against Northampton High School Konkrete Kids on Wednesday, March...

Continue Reading
L-R (siting): Dominic Negron, Terrel Butler, Keshav Persaud, Jessie Smith, Mason Ulmer, Logan Casebolt. 
L-R (standing): Asst. Coach Yost, Darius Quintana, Will Puskar, Tobias Ricks, Jason, Pritchard, Josh Marosi, Coach Tapiro.  2024 Boys Tennis Team photo, courtesy of coaches Tapiro and Yost, used with permission.
Stroudsburg Boys' Tennis Update
Jaden Harper and Madison NoonanApril 8, 2024

Led by Coach Gene Tapiro and Assistant Coach Ceal Yost, the 2024 boys' tennis team is off to a strong start. The 2023 team graduated several varsity players but Will Puskar,...

Continue Reading
View All

Science Olympiad measures up to the competition

Hodzhova and Domanski competed in the Tower challenge which measures maximum weight. Photo permission granted by Adviser Bentzoni.

Fikrie Hodzhova, 12, and Meron Domanski, 10, placed second out of 11 schools competing at the EPC Invitational Tournament in the “Tower Build” on February 23 at Northampton Community College.

Their second-place tower held 14.2kg out of the max weight of 15kg.

Medals were awarded to the top seven students in each event at last week’s tournament.

Juniors, Kona Maronpot and Peter Leyba placed 7th in Detector Building;  Junior, Mackenzie Dalton, and sophomore, Tanya Sathapornwongkul, placed 3rd in Fossils; seniors, Gunnar Gasper and Andrew Hawks placed 2nd in Write it/ Do it;  senior, Nathan Fritz and sophomore, Zachary Fritz placed 7th in Write it/ Do it.

Advisor, Mr. Andrew Bentzoni, explained, “The fossils challenge is a study event where they are tested on identifying fossils and other questions related to them.  The Write it/Do it challenge is an event where the students are separated while one writes a description about an object given to them and how to build it while the other student then tries to recreate the object based on the instructions, somewhat testing their reverse engineering skills. ”

In January, Science Olympiad competed against North Pocono High School where several members performed successfully. Junior, Colton Leeth, competed in the ecology, micro mission, and wind power challenges. Leeth placed 11 out of 40 participants in the wind power challenge.

Leeth shared that the competition at EPCs was tough, but he is pleased that he is improving overall.