Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg walking off of the field during game against Emmaus on April 8, 2024.
Baseball loses heartbreaker to Pleasant Valley
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024

On Wednesday, Stroudsburg lost to Pleasant Valley High School, 9-8. This game was scoreless until the top of the third inning, where Pleasant Valley scored three runs against...

Continue Reading
Long distance coach, Coach Foti, talking to runner Janel Meyers.
Photo credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Stroudsburg High School Track and Field
Georgie English, Staff Writer • April 9, 2024

Stroudsburg High School Varsity Track and Field competed for their first home meet at Ross Stulgaitis Stadium against Northampton High School Konkrete Kids on Wednesday, March...

Continue Reading
L-R (siting): Dominic Negron, Terrel Butler, Keshav Persaud, Jessie Smith, Mason Ulmer, Logan Casebolt. 
L-R (standing): Asst. Coach Yost, Darius Quintana, Will Puskar, Tobias Ricks, Jason, Pritchard, Josh Marosi, Coach Tapiro.  2024 Boys Tennis Team photo, courtesy of coaches Tapiro and Yost, used with permission.
Stroudsburg Boys' Tennis Update
Jaden Harper and Madison NoonanApril 8, 2024

Led by Coach Gene Tapiro and Assistant Coach Ceal Yost, the 2024 boys' tennis team is off to a strong start. The 2023 team graduated several varsity players but Will Puskar,...

Continue Reading
View All

Mock Trial 2024 State Competition results

Isabella Rivera
The defense won their trial competition on Feb 15!

The Stroudsburg Mock Trial team competed last month in the Pennsylvania Bar state competition. On Monday, Feb.  12th, the prosecution team competed.

Mock Trial, for those who do not know, is a competition where students pose as both attorneys and witnesses in a staged trial. The competitions are held in the Monroe County courthouse and judged by an actual judge.

“I feel like both the defense and prosecution teams did a great job on their cases in the state competition,” says Mock Trail president Nicole Valderrama, “I have seen the hard work and dedication that members have put into their roles and cannot be more proud of them. We have progressed a lot as a club in the recent year and I can’t wait to see the team continue to succeed in the future!”

Students are given a real court case in Pennsylvania history with names, dates, and locations changed to prevent students from looking up the real-life case.

The prosecution attorneys consisted of Kona Maronpot, Layla Macedon, and Sam Sroka.

Their witnesses were played by Aryanna Vidiac, Connor Potochnik, and Edward Heimbach.

The prosecution team came up short in their case but it was a close call.

“This particular case is difficult to prosecute,” says Mr. Robert Wood, the Mock Trial Coach of two years, “but the team did a good job overall.”

Layla Macedon won Best Attorney for the Stroudsburg prosecution team and Connor Potochnik won Best Witness. Layla is a repeat winner for Best Attorney, having won the award as a sophomore last year.

“Layla has taken to the role of Attorney since the day she started. She’s a natural,” says Wood.

The defense team dominated their opponent on Thursday, Feb. 15.

The attorneys for the defense, Nicole Valderrama, Hassan Malik, and Mikaela Lipitz, presented a powerful argument with steely resolve and unshakeable confidence.

The witness performers for the defense were Madison Cottle, Colton Leeth, and Logan Potochnik.

“Maddie has a contagious energy in everything she does and I think the judges took to that instantly.” 

— Wood, Mock Trial Coach

“The witness’ often get overlooked in Mock Trial as all eyes are understandably on the Attorney, but I felt we had an impressive unit this year,” says Wood.

Lipitz also took home a repeat Best Attorney award for the defense team, and Cottle took home the Best Witness award.

The team will not be advancing in the state competition but felt they made great strides this year.

Not to be forgotten. Awuah also served as the timekeeper for both trials.