Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg walking off of the field during game against Emmaus on April 8, 2024.
Baseball loses heartbreaker to Pleasant Valley
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024

On Wednesday, Stroudsburg lost to Pleasant Valley High School, 9-8. This game was scoreless until the top of the third inning, where Pleasant Valley scored three runs against...

Continue Reading
Long distance coach, Coach Foti, talking to runner Janel Meyers.
Photo credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Stroudsburg High School Track and Field
Georgie English, Staff Writer • April 9, 2024

Stroudsburg High School Varsity Track and Field competed for their first home meet at Ross Stulgaitis Stadium against Northampton High School Konkrete Kids on Wednesday, March...

Continue Reading
L-R (siting): Dominic Negron, Terrel Butler, Keshav Persaud, Jessie Smith, Mason Ulmer, Logan Casebolt. 
L-R (standing): Asst. Coach Yost, Darius Quintana, Will Puskar, Tobias Ricks, Jason, Pritchard, Josh Marosi, Coach Tapiro.  2024 Boys Tennis Team photo, courtesy of coaches Tapiro and Yost, used with permission.
Stroudsburg Boys' Tennis Update
Jaden Harper and Madison NoonanApril 8, 2024

Led by Coach Gene Tapiro and Assistant Coach Ceal Yost, the 2024 boys' tennis team is off to a strong start. The 2023 team graduated several varsity players but Will Puskar,...

Continue Reading
View All

NHS Blood Drive returns in full force

Ethan Custard
Genesis Major, 12 and Hannah Helm, 12 are volunteering the time at the blood drive!

Four months later, the NHS Blood Drive returns to Stroudsburg High School!

Brave donors put their names down to give their blood to save the lives of those who need it.

Donating blood is essential. “Only 3% of the eligible population in the US donate blood,” said Ben Domanski, 12. “Typically, we only have a one-and-a-half-day supply of blood. So, if everyone stopped donating, we would be out of blood within two days.”

This blood drive is not just any other fun school event; the lives of numerous people are saved.

Giving blood saves lives! If you needed blood would you not want people to donate too?”

— Genesis Major, 12

The blood drive is a wholesome event full of support from our school community. Our school comes together to save lives. Just one donation saves the lives of up to three people! The faculty, students, and medical volunteers are vital to the event.

Faculty and NHS members donated snacks and drinks. The food is to “replenish the nutrients lost when giving blood, we set up a snack table for every donor after they are off the donation table,” said Alex Franolich, 11. 

The phlebotomists valiantly sacrifice their time to safely and professionally draw blood from the donors.

Maxsim Lamberton, 11, appreciated the help and the easy experience with the phlebotomists and NHS volunteers. After giving blood, Lamberton said, “I feel terrific after giving my blood. Even though I do not like needles, the joy of knowing I have saved someone’s life makes the whole experience worth it.”

If you missed out on donating blood this year, do not fret. The blood drive will return in the winter of next school year, so keep an eye out!

View Comments (1)