Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Photo Credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Boys' track team sweeps the competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

The Stroudsburg boys' track team defeated William Allen and Pocono Mountain West during a dual meet on Monday, 4/22. William Allen lost 4 to Stroudsburg's 146 and PMW lost...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg softball celebrates on field during game.
Softball continues to roll in victory

On Wed, April 24, Stroudsburg defeated East Stroudsburg South, 5-3. The team continues to roll as with 8 games left in the season, they are 8-4. Jordan Cook, 9, went...

Continue Reading
SHS Girls track wins at a dual meet, April 22, 2024 against William Allen and Pocono Mountain West. 
Photo image by Amir Lovell, 10.
Girls' Track continues to reign
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Monday, April 22, the SHS track team competed in a dual meet against William Allen and Pocono Mountain West. William Allen lost to SHS girls with a final score of 4...

Continue Reading
View All

UFC 300 airs this Saturday

UFC 300

As the MMA world prepares for a historic event, UFC 300 airs this weekend. This Saturday, April 13th, 2024, UFC 300 will be a huge landmark in the MMA franchise. 

Dana White, the founder of Ultimate Fighting Championship has promised to deliver an unforgettable night showcasing the best athletes in the sport showing how much the UFC is superior to any other MMA organization.

UFC’s LEGACY

From the beginning in 1993 to becoming a global sensation, the UFC has changed fighting sports, showing how combat sports really should be. MMA can never be a safe sport; however, the UFC has prioritized fighters’ safety over everyone else’s. 

This has been a goal of Dana White’s from the very beginning, and part of why he created the league. 

Why is UFC 300 important in the legacy of the sport? 

It is important because it is a symbol of the dedication and passion of all those who have fought over the years becoming legends of the sport. 

This Saturday, potential athletes will be competing in an effort to join their ranks.  

UFC FIGHTING STARS

UFC 300 is set to give us a lineup of well-known fighters, including both the current male and female champions, defending their titles and contenders trying to achieve their goals of becoming the best of the best.

UFC FIGHTERS-

• Alex Pereira (champion) -130 vs. Jamahal Hill +110, light heavyweight title. 
  • Zhang Weili (champion) -360 vs. Yan Xiaonan +280, women’s strawweight title
  • Justin Gaethje -230 vs. Max Holloway +190, “BMF” title — lightweights
  • Bo Nickal vs. Cody Brundage, middleweights
  • Arman Tsarukyan -240 vs. Charles Oliveira +200, lightweights
  • Aleksandar Rakic -135 vs. Jiri Prochazka +115, light heavyweights
  • Aljamain Sterling -135 vs. Calvin Kattar +115, featherweights
  • Deiveson Figueiredo -300 vs. Cody Garbrandt +240, 
  • Bantamweights
  • Kayla Harrison -450 vs. Holly Holm +350, bantamweights
  • Diego Lopes -125 vs. Sodiq Yusuff +105, featherweights
  • Marina Rodriguez -120 vs. Jessica Andrade +100, women’s strawweight
  • Bobby Green -190 vs. Jim Miller +160, lightweights
  • Jalin Turner -250 vs. Renato Moicano +205, lightweights

As of this writing, there have been no canceling fights, and the fight is highly anticipated and very exciting to watch.

Who is Alex Pereira? He is a 36-year-old Brazilian kickboxer in the light heavyweight division, he is well known for his calf kicks and his kicks tend to cause permanent damage to his opponents. 

His opponent Jamahal Hill is an MMA sensation as of right now, standing at 32 years old he is taking his first shot at the title with intentions of winning it all.

Prediction: Hill wins via TKO. 

Now who is Zhang Weili and why has she become a global phenom? Well, it is because she is a 34-year-old Chinese MMA artist who has been on a role now and has no intentions of losing this fight.

Who is Zhang Weili fighting? Well, no other than Yan Xiaonan another Chinese MMA fighter, people in China love Zhang Weili but this fight is set to be really close and lead to a decision.

Prediction: Weili wins by decision. 

Now my personal favorite fight,  Justin Gaethje vs Max Holloway.

These are two UFC legends who are projected to be the fight of the night most anticipated.

Who is Justin Gaethje?

Justin holds the BMF title with a record of 24 wins and 4 losses known for his balanced MMA skills, he was a wrestling star holding a record of 191-9 he is however not known for his wrestling but his kickboxing.

Now who is Max Holloway?

Max began his popularity by getting leaked during the weigh-ins because his people couldn’t hold a towel properly for him. 

Prediction: Gaethje wins by TKO. 

Check out the action this Saturday. The Mountaineer will write a review next week of the event!