Peer Tutoring program available to students throughout the district

+

Stephen Bauer, Staff Writer

Peer Tutoring is a program offered to all students as an educational tool for help in any subject! Students that are strong in a certain subject are encouraged to help their peers with things they have struggles in. Ai??

ai???Any time students are reaching out to other students either older or younger, then it’s is a win win situation!ai??? said adviser Ms. Gwenn Davis, who is also the librarian.Ai??Ai??

There are currently 26 students signed up to be tutors. They are always looking for more!

Any student can sign up to be tutors at any Stroudsburg school around the district.Ai?? Obviously, they should be familiar with the subject they are interested in teaching.

Peer Tutoring meets Monday through Friday. They are going to a variety of schools such as Arlington, Hamilton, Morey, Chipperfield, the junior high, and high school. Times vary based on each school’s schedule. All sessions are 45-90 minutes in length.Ai??

For this program to be recorded on a student’s transcript, they must visit the same school eight times.

ai???I love talking to people and I know how frustrating it can be when you donai??i??t understand something” said senior Lina Chung.

Any students interested in becoming a tutor should stop by the library or email Davis atAi??[email protected] Ai??