Educate ai??i?? Captivate ai??i?? Connect: Eastern Monroe Public Library

Patrick Durney, Staff Writer

Living in a smaller town, it feels like there’s barely anything to do when in fact there’s more to discover than what meets the eye. Through the Eastern Monroe Public Library, people can go out, explore their community, and get involved.

On every third Wednesday of the month from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., teenagers can come to the Eastern Monroe Public Library for an after-school program called TAB, which stands for Teens Advisory Board. At these meetings, students come together to plan fun events to hold at the library.

ai???Itai??i??s a chance for them [teens] to bring their energy to the library and bring their ideas to life,ai??? said Ms. Mary Ann Lewis, TAB adviser.

The program runs from September through May. Students in grades 7-12 can join and new members are welcome any time. Stroudsburg High School senior, Brianna Cummings, is on the advisory board.

ai???I love the people involved,” said Cummings. “The teens are very friendly and genuinely fun to be around.ai???

Every year, the library holds a Spring Challenge Reading Competition. Team are formed and each team has to read a list of 45 books in a given amount of time. Teams then face off against each other in a quiz show format. Ai??Prizes are available for winners.

ai???I love working with the teens,” said Lewis. “It keeps me involved with what goes on in teen lives.ai???

Anyone who’dAi??like to join can simply attend a meeting! To be on an email reminder list, send an e-mail to: [email protected]. Please include your name, grade, library, and phone number.