Student Spotlight on Ethan Flanagan

Jessica Brady, Staff Writer

What profession doesn’t get enough credit or respect? 

Acting and musical theatre definitely don’t get enough credit. Many people dismiss it because it can be hard to find a job in that field. While this may be true, no one should disrespect someone’s goals or dreams in life. If they want to be an actor, then there’s nothing stopping them from doing that. This issue comes up a lot as jokes from friends or even judgment from school counseling. All I can say is that anyone who goes into acting knows how difficult it is, but if that’s their dream, then no one should tell them otherwise. 

How do you judge a person?

I normally judge a person based on how they judge other people. If someone judges someone based on their appearance or one interaction, it usually shows me they don’t give everyone a good chance. Even then, I still like to give that judgy person another chance to get to know them more. People judge everyone too soon before they can even get to know them, so I try to give everyone time to be themselves.

What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of? 

The Lego Batman Movie. That movie is genius, and if anyone disagrees, we’re not friends. 

What activities or hobbies do you enjoy outside of school? 

I love acting and performing in musicals outside of school. I also like filming and editing videos on my own time for fun.

What is your favorite thing about SHS?

Definitely the sandwich bar in the cafeteria. 100%.

What was your favorite class at SHS? 

AP Music Theory is my favorite as of now. It’s really difficult, but also super interesting to learn about. 

What’s something people don’t worry about but really should? 

I know it’s talked about a lot, but people really need to worry about their impact on the environment. It doesn’t seem like a big deal at the moment, but it will really affect our future. So recycle…please.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Telekinesis, so I could move random things at random moments and mess with people’s heads.

What is your goal for this year?

My goal this year is to get back into the swing of things. Especially since I was mostly remote last year, it is nice to see friends again. But I really want to get back into my old work habit.

Is water wet?

I guess so?