Poll

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg walking off of the field during game against Emmaus on April 8, 2024.
Baseball loses heartbreaker to Pleasant Valley
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024

On Wednesday, Stroudsburg lost to Pleasant Valley High School, 9-8. This game was scoreless until the top of the third inning, where Pleasant Valley scored three runs against...

Continue Reading
Long distance coach, Coach Foti, talking to runner Janel Meyers.
Photo credit: Amir Lovell, 10.
Stroudsburg High School Track and Field
Georgie English, Staff Writer • April 9, 2024

Stroudsburg High School Varsity Track and Field competed for their first home meet at Ross Stulgaitis Stadium against Northampton High School Konkrete Kids on Wednesday, March...

Continue Reading
L-R (siting): Dominic Negron, Terrel Butler, Keshav Persaud, Jessie Smith, Mason Ulmer, Logan Casebolt. 
L-R (standing): Asst. Coach Yost, Darius Quintana, Will Puskar, Tobias Ricks, Jason, Pritchard, Josh Marosi, Coach Tapiro.  2024 Boys Tennis Team photo, courtesy of coaches Tapiro and Yost, used with permission.
Stroudsburg Boys' Tennis Update
Jaden Harper and Madison NoonanApril 8, 2024

Led by Coach Gene Tapiro and Assistant Coach Ceal Yost, the 2024 boys' tennis team is off to a strong start. The 2023 team graduated several varsity players but Will Puskar,...

Continue Reading
View All

Anna Kirby breaks a second school record for the season

Georgie English
Anna Kirby poses for a picture after beating her second record of the season.

Anna Kirby celebrates her accomplishments with her mother and father. Photo taken by Georgie English. Last month, Anna Kirby, 11, broke the school record for the 100-yard freestyle by 0.46 seconds. 

Then, just last week, Kirby broke another record at The Last Chance swim meet on Saturday, Feb. 17, “Kirby break school record”. 

Kirby set the record for the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:01:58, crushing the previous decade-old record of 1:02:18. 

Kirby admits that her favorite race is the 100-yard freestyle while her least favorite is the 100-yard butterfly, but she’ll swim wherever her team needs her due to her endless love for the sport.

Although she is only a junior, colleges are already showing interest, but Anna is still unsure of where and what she plans to study.

She is deciding whether to stay on the east coast, near family. 

Teammate Elizabeth Eberz, 11, says ¨Anna has always inspired me and my swim career. She makes me want to be my best. I am so proud of her and all that she has accomplished.¨

Swimming is part of Kirby’s daily routine and there is not much downtime. Even for Stroudsburg swim, during the season Anna and the team have been showing up and trying their best six out of the seven week days. She started swimming at 9 years old and competing at 10. 

She took a swim class at the local YMCA and was hooked. 

Kirby says, “I feel accomplished when I swim.” She also feels the comradery and reveals that “she loves this team” and though it is grueling work, “they make it fun”.  

Kirby and her teammates will compete at districts on March 1 and March 2 at Parkland High School. She hopes to break one more record,  the 50-yard freestyle.

Though she unofficially hit this goal at a recent club meet, she must repeat this performance “on the record” at districts to claim the title. 

This has been a huge goal for Kirby and her coaches since the beginning of the season.