Poll

This poll has ended.

What was your favorite lunch this week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness Basketball Tournament; see class president, Eric Card.
3x3 Basketball Tournament
March 6, 2024

March Madness 3 x 3 basketball tournament on March 15, starting at 4pm.  Contact your class president, Eric Card, or class officers for more...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Girls Varsity Basketball, 2023
How does an athlete balance academic demands with sports?
Morgan Tucker, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

Ella Henritzy, 12, has been a standout athlete this year. Henritzy turned heads on the basketball court as a power forward. Now, she is stacking points for track and field...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburg infielders Anthony Knight and Alex Pacitti during game vs Emmaus High School
Baseball clinches playoff berth
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

On May 8, Stroudsburg defeated Pocono Mountain West, 9-2. This victory for the Mountaineers clinched their first playoff berth since 2022. The win also marked the Mountaineers...

Continue Reading
Stroudsburgs stand out track athletes
Stroudsburg's stand out track athletes
Morgan Tucker, Georgie English, and Madi NoonanMay 7, 2024

Continue Reading
View All

Baseball offense silenced by William Allen

Stroudsburg in slump loses third consecutive game
Stroudsburg+pitcher%2C+Anthony+Knight+during+at-bat+against+Easton+Area+High+School+on+March+25%2C+2024.+
Jaden Harper
Stroudsburg pitcher, Anthony Knight during at-bat against Easton Area High School on March 25, 2024.

On Friday, April 12, Stroudsburg was defeated by William Allen High School, 2-1.

Stroudsburg scored an early run after OF Jackson Brancato, 12, RBI single to drive in INF Alex Pacitti, 11, in the top of the first inning. That was all the offense was able to muster in another low-scoring affair. The hit also stood as the last hit the Mountaineers would get until INF/DH Aidan Brier, 10, got a single in the seventh inning of the game.

William Allen’s starting pitcher, Aaron Schneider, 12, shut down Stroudsburg, throwing six innings, striking out four and only allowing one run. The relief pitcher, Luis Lopez, 12, finished the game only allowing one hit.

Stroudsburg’s starter P/1B Anthony Knight, 11, despite the loss, had one of his better starts of the season. Knight went the complete game (six innings), allowing two runs while striking out two. He did not receive any run support from the offense who stranded 5 runners on base during the game.

The Mountaineers look to bounce back tomorrow as they take on Wallenpaupack High School in a remake contest of the postponed game on March 23. Stroudsburg’s expected starter is Paulie Maccarrone, 11. The first pitch is at 11:00 am at Wallenpaupack High School.