Student Spotlight On Leslie Lang

Tyler Stone, Staff Writer

What motivates you to come to school?

Definitely my friends. I honestly have no idea what I’d do without my friend group by my side every day.
What activities or hobbies do you enjoy outside of school?
I enjoy writing short stories and looking into politics, honestly. It doesn’t seem like I’d be a very political person, but I’m very strong-willed about my own opinion.
What are your plans after graduation?
I’m going to try to get through Luzerne County Community College, majoring in photography and minoring in creative writing, then try to make up enough money to put myself through law school, if I’m still interested in it.
What is something most people may not know about you?
Other than the whole politics thing, I have a strong passion for Greek mythology, and have since seventh grade. I know almost all of the ins and outs of the mythology, but I’m still doing research on all of the different stories dedicated to all of the unique gods.
What is something you have learned in your childhood that has stuck with you?
Always be respectful to people, because you never know what could be happening in their personal lives. Also, violence is never the answer. I have always tried to be as civil as possible to everyone that has ever tried to start problems with me because violence always makes the situation worse.
When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell stories about?
Most likely Trump’s impeachment, and all of the crazy stories I had during my high school experience, because I’ve had some wacky moments.
If there was one thing you could change in the world, what would it be?
All of the hatred spread through the lack of education on subjects. I’ve had many arguments with people that started the arguments solely because they were not educated on the subject they were spouting about.
What’s something you don’t worry about but really should?
Well, I don’t worry about global warming as much as I should, but I never really care about my own health. I always end up putting others first and my health depletes rapidly and I honestly don’t really even realize because I’m so focused on everything but.
What’s the funniest word in the English language?
Bubbles. You can’t even say that word angrily without sounding like a complete fool.
If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Teleportation. If I had the opportunity to go anywhere at any point in time and then return to where I was whenever I wanted to, I could teleport to Australia and be home in time for curfew.