Student Spotlight on Aliza Askari

Alexander Canongo, Staff Writer

Who are your favorite teachers and why?
My favorite teachers are Mr. Hakim and Ms. Rogers. Both of them have such a bright attitude every day which makes the class way more enjoyable. I believe that the teacher’s mood definitely affects the enjoyment of the class for students, so naturally, the two of them are able to set a cheerful atmosphere each day.
Even though I went into Mr. Hakim’s class as the first period of the day, I felt like I learned so much even if I woke up an hour ago. Ms. Rogers always had a way to make us smile even if she was not having the best day. Both of them are wonderful people who genuinely have a positive impact on the students!
What is your goal for this year?
My goal for this year is to try to stay motivated. It’s been so difficult with everything being online, since every day feels like the same day repeating itself. However, I know that I can be motivated if really try and that’s what I’m working hard at.
What is something that most people may not know about you?
Something people don’t know about me is that I’m not really as quiet as I seem. Once I’m comfortable with someone, I can talk all day. My mood and my actions just depend on the atmosphere. I really enjoy talking to people who will listen and talk to me as well.
What is your greatest strength?
My greatest strength is that no matter the circumstances, I will always try to consider options and look at situations from the other point of view. Even if I don’t agree, I try to understand and think about why someone said or did something, even if it is not the popular option. Communication is key and I’m always ready to talk!
What is your greatest weakness?
A weakness that I have is that I over-think things which haven’t even happened. I feel like whenever I over-think something, it ends up actually happening, so I developed a bad habit of making fake scenarios in my head which have never even happened, lol.
What is something people don’t worry about but really should?
I believe that people worry way too much about what others are going to think of them. Regardless of what it is — whether it’s the way that one dresses, how one looks or talks, or even if it’s a hobby that one enjoys doing — there are always going to be people who will judge and criticize them. It’s the sad truth, but it makes us realize that we don’t need to prove and validate ourselves to be worthy. As long as you aren’t hurting anyone, everyone is valid and deserving. Not everyone is going to like you, and that’s ok.
Which countries/places would you like to travel to?
I would love to travel to Japan, Sweden, and I want to go to outer space. I love Japanese culture and I also really love the food. Both Sweden and Japan seem like such beautiful places which I’d love to see in real life one day. As for outer space, I doubt I’ll be able to ever go there but I  want to experience how it is having no gravity to hold you down. I also want to see how planets really look instead of seeing them from pictures.
What is the funniest word in the English Language?
I think that the word “bamboozle” is so funny. I don’t know why. I didn’t even know it was a real word until I looked it up.
What is your life motto?
My life motto is to live your life the way you want to live it because life is too short to be worrying about everything. It’s basic but it’s true. It may sound dark but in the end, we’re all going to be dead one day, so who cares?
If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
If I could have one superpower, it would be flight. I want to know how it is to be able to be in Minecraft creative mode and just start flying. Everything would look so beautiful from the sky, and it would be a refreshing and efficient way to get from one place to another!