Student Spotlight on Martin Gardiner

Diyanna Schlaeger, Staff Writer

What is something that you have learned in your childhood that has stuck with you?

Something that I’ve learned as a child was always to treat people with the utmost respect.

What movie could you never get tired of watching?

The movie that I would never get tired of watching is Braveheart. It is based on a true story where this Scottish man Named William Wallace overrules the English empire in order to gain freedom.

Who do you consider your biggest role model, and why? 

I consider my mom as my greatest role model. If it wasn’t for my mom I wouldn’t be where I am today.

If there is one thing you could change in the world, what would it be?

The one thing that I would change in this world or something that I’ve done is giving my mom an attitude. My mom has done so much for me and to give her an attitude makes me feel disrespectful and really cr*ppy.

What’s the funniest word in the English language?

I think the funniest word in the English language is poop. I don’t know why it just seems like a word that shouldn’t be a word.

What is your life motto?

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste your time living someone else’s life.”

What is your greatest accomplishment so far?

My greatest accomplishment is hitting a game-winner against our rival team in basketball. 

What’s something people don’t worry about but really should?

Their future. Some people don’t go to college and think it’s good for them not to go and then they never get anywhere in life. Or it could be the opposite. Then people could go to college and it is one of the biggest mistakes of their life because they are in so much debt and they didn’t even enjoy the experience. So thinking about your future very carefully is something a lot of people don’t think about that they should do a lot more.