Student Spotlight on Kayla Novak

Nicole Schmitt, Staff Writer

What activities or hobbies do you enjoy outside of school?

I enjoy playing basketball with my brother and spending time with my family and friends when I’m not at work or school.

What are your plans after graduation?

After I graduate, my plans are to enjoy the time I have left with my family before I go off to college. I would like to spend as much time as I possibly can with those I care about. I can honestly say, I’m scared to leave home and go off to college, but I know as long as I have love and support from my family and friends, I’ll be fine. The college I plan on attending is Cal U, also now known as PennWest University.

How do you judge a person?

I judge a person, not by appearance or popularity, but by their personality and their tone.

What qualities do you value in people?

The qualities I value the most in people are trust, loyalty, and above all honesty. I value quite a few qualities in people, but I believe that these three qualities are the most important to look for in people.

What was your favorite class at SHS?

My favorite class here at SHS will always be Choir. I love being in Choir and being around others who enjoy singing just as much as me if not even more. The part I love most about Choir is the teacher, Ms. Lee. In my honest opinion, I believe that she’s the best music teacher, alongside Ms. Rogers and Mr. Cassady, that I’ve ever had.

If there is one thing you could change in the world, what would it be?

One thing I would change if I could, in the world, would be to find a working cure for cancer.

Which countries/places would you like to visit?

The country I would like to visit is Paris, France.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

If I could have a superpower, I would choose to have the power to time travel or the power of healing.

What values are important to you?

Values that I find important to me are my family, friends, freedom, respect, and responsibility.

What is your greatest accomplishment so far?

My greatest accomplishment so far was getting accepted into all six colleges that I applied to. Getting accepted into all of the colleges I applied to was a building block toward my dream career of becoming a Forensic Investigator like NCIS or CSI.