Student Spotlight on Danica Flores

Joella Torres, Staff Writer

Which countries/places would you like to visit?

There are many places I have in mind but I definitely would want to visit France because it contains so much history and it is a romantic landmark. I would also like to go to Hawaii. Their islands contain a vast amount of marine life, and I am obsessed with learning/studying the ocean, especially tropical climates.

Is water wet?

No. I literally don’t understand how this is even a question.

What is something that most people may not know about you? 

I do not like any drink besides water. You will never catch me drinking a Gatorade, soda, or anything of that sort. If I had to drink something else, I would. But, I despise any other drink.

What is your greatest accomplishment so far?

I feel like my greatest accomplishment so far is being in the top 10% of the 2024 class academically. I am a person who seeks academic reassurance, so achievements like this just motivate me even more.

What movie could you never get tired of watching?

I will never get tired of watching the Teen Beach Movie. I loved it so much when I was a kid and it brings me so much nostalgia, especially the soundtrack.

What was your favorite class at SHS?

My favorite class is art. Even though it is considered an elective, this class showed me skills and art pieces I didn’t know I was capable of. I can create my own composition filled with my ideas and still get a good grade.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

A superpower I would want to have is telekinesis. The idea of moving objects with little to no physical movement is honestly so cool. No one would be able to tell it was me that moved something.

What are your plans after graduation?

This is honestly a hard question. My mind is set on definitely going to a four-year university. I am also interested in traveling abroad during one of the summers and visiting a European country. I plan to try and major in biology or some sort of degree that will help me pursue a career in the medical field.

What’s something people don’t worry about but really should?

I believe people should worry about climate change. It is a real thing. We only have one Earth and it will only get worse from here if we do not take care of our planet.

What is your life motto?

“What you create for you, no one can take from you,” by Jhené Aiko.