Poll

Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Stroudsburg High Schools promotional Flyer for the King of Hearts dance.
SENIORS! Prepare for King of Hearts and senior superlative voting
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • January 26, 2024

As the King of Heart's Dance draws near, take a look at the senior superlative and prepare to vote for your KOH nominees on Monday during homeroom! The...

Continue Reading
If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. (Logo credit: NHS)
NHS Peer Tutoring
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 20, 2023

If you need tutoring, please join the Google Classroom so we can match you up with someone to help you. Please fill out the Google Form on Google...

Continue Reading
Poetry Out Loud Contest gives out a prize of $20,000 to the winner! (Logo credit: Poetry Out Loud)
Poetry Out Loud Contest
Luka Konklin, Editor-In-Chief • November 16, 2023

Check out Poetry Out Loud, see Ms. Griswold, room C125 to get more information.

Continue Reading
Denzel Key, 12, at the free throw line during Stroudsburgs 58-41 win over Dieruff on December 22nd, 2023. 
Photo taken by Danielle Ramstine.
Stroudsburg one win away from State Tournament
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 29, 2024

Stroudsburg fell to Parkland High School, 50-38, in the District 11 semifinals Wednesday night at William Allen High School in Allentown, PA. Micaiah 'Meeks' Brown, 12,...

Continue Reading
Anna Kirby poses for a picture after beating her second record of the season.
Anna Kirby breaks a second school record for the season
Georgie English, Staff writer • February 27, 2024

Then, just last week, Kirby broke another record at The Last Chance swim meet on Saturday, Feb. 17, "Kirby break school record".  Kirby set the record for...

Continue Reading
Jacob Bajek, 11, takes on competitors at EPC competition on February 8th, 2024.
Chess team rallies at 2024 EPC Competition
Jaden Harper, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

The Stroudsburg chess team sent its varsity roster to the Chess Eastern Pennslyvania Conference (EPC) competition on Thursday, Feb. 8. The team's varsity roster consists of...

Continue Reading
View All

SHS introduces Future Educators of America club

Cami Trauschke
Example of a new teacher: Mr. Adam Benjamin’s second year of teaching.

Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a great teacher?

Stroudsburg High School has started a new club, Future Educators of America. This club welcomes anyone who wants to learn the basics of being a teacher. The advisors of this club include guidance counselor Mr. William Kunkel and Morey Elementary teacher Ms. Christine Wickenheiser. 

Future Educators of America gives high school students a behind-the-scenes look at being a teacher. Making lesson plans, outlining student-teacher relationships, monitoring social media presence, and demonstrating how to teach a lesson are all part of the experience.

The Future Educators Club will give our students experience and opportunity to explore a career in education.  It will hopefully allow them to solidify their future career path and possibly give them the chance to begin working towards that while still in high school.

— Kunkel, guidance counselor

Teachers play an important role in student’s lives. The club will shed light on how far teachers, guidance counselors, administrators, and superintendents go to educate students and help them. They help students feel safe and comfortable which makes the student-teacher relationship stronger.

The club plans to have students engage in a teaching simulation that shows the challenges teachers face, such as classroom concerns, student behaviors, or dealing with parents. This hands-on experience allows students to learn about teaching from a different point of view.

Being a part of this program means being held to a higher standard. Professional behavior is expected from these young ambitious students. 

The first meeting was held on November 9th after school. Teachers and students were happy and excited to see how the rest of the year plays out!

For more information, contact Mr. Kunkel at [email protected] or join the Google Classroom with the code: mvufjaq