TSA students strive to perform well at upcoming events

Ethan Balcik, Staff Writer

Every year, on the first Saturday in February, one can find nearly 600 students from across eastern Pennsylvania at Stroudsburg High School — all competing for their spot at the Technology Student Association (TSA) state conference.

In the months leading up to this event, many students who are involved in TSA work tirelessly toward their eventual presentations, focusing on STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) topics. Ai??Competitions include a broad range of technological topics that range from architecture to website design, and everything in between.

ai???In the last 8 to 10 years it has gone more away from the physical model base to more electronic types of activities,ai??? said TSA adviser Mr. Kirk George. Ai??ai???Since technology is evolving, the programs are evolving to match that.ai???

There are many students currently involved in TSA who are eagerly preparing for the upcoming events. Ai??Juniors Patrick Barry, Calvin Leon, Ethan Ruschman, Nick Vanvilet, and Andrew Wilson are just some of the many talented TSA members with high expectations.

ai???I hope to exceed my past accomplishments,ai??? said Barry. ai???My main goal is to return to the national TSA convention next summer.ai???

TSA competitions follow a tiered system, in which students begin competition at a regional level. Ai??From the regional competition, students who perform well advance on to the state conference, and those who perform well there will advance to the national conference.

Meetings are held on the first and third Monday of each month in Mr. Georgeai??i??s room (F-112). Ai??George encourages any student interested in getting involved in TSA to visit him to acquire the appropriate information.